This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Connecting to a non standard irc server.

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
d
dash
Voice

Connecting to a non standard irc server.

Post by dash »

Hi,

I am trying to get my eggdrop to connect to an irc server hosted by justin.tv. it is based on twistedwords python I think.

It connects to the server but fails to join channels.

I think I have tracked it down to jtv's irc server making the nick have a space in the front of the actual nick. ie. my nick is say "mynick" but on the jtv irc server it shows as " mynick" .

How can I alter my eggdrop to handle this non standard nick setup?

is it as simple as adding a " " to my opchars list? or will I need to patch and recompile my egg to handle this?

Thanks in advance,
dash
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Try changing the net-type setting in your eggdrop.conf to the most suitable type (if any).
b
bwana
Voice

Post by bwana »

I'm having the exact same issue with justin.tv servers and I've cycled through every net-type and it still happens. I've also noticed that it takes a long time for commands to work.. like

Code: Select all

.dump JOIN #mychan
Takes a good 5-6 minutes to execute..

Any clues?
d
dj-zath
Op

Post by dj-zath »

I'm currently having the SAME exact problem, after spending a whole day on this JTV piece of f**king sh*t, I have come to the conclusion...

I believe its that the server is failing to "ack back" to eggdrop, thus the bot will just SIT there indefinitely- waiting for an ack that will never come

this is a tactic by JTV to prevent eggdrops (and other bots) from joining their network...

its their right to do so..

F**K YOU JTV! STICK IT UP YOUR A$$!

(sorry, I'm well BEYOND frustrated right now..)