This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

relayscript - multiple channels

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
V
ViciousPiranha
Voice

relayscript - multiple channels

Post by ViciousPiranha »

Hello all!

I have looked through the forum and the tcl archive and I saw there were a lot of relay scripts but not this kind:

I am looking for a relay script that would listen to ONE channel yet could relay to a few different channels based on different texts.

For an example, while the bot listen to messages on #listenchan

If the text written in #listenchan matches the text in the TEXT[\b] file of friends.txt - it will relay the message to #friends - of course this text could match several text files and then the bot would relay the messages to a few channels or none.

(Text file was just an example of how this could work, if there are better suggestions they are more than welcomed when implemented)

It is very important the script listens to messages on 1 channel yet can relay to one or more based on matching text list.