This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Eggdrop running - conf file seems to be deleted

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
V
ViciousPiranha
Voice

Eggdrop running - conf file seems to be deleted

Post by ViciousPiranha »

My eggdrop is running, I can see the process via ps x, but I can't find the config file, it seems to have been erased/deleted somehow.

Is there a way to retrieve it ? (Eggdrop still running)
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

Not quite;
IF you've enabled the .set and/or .tcl partyline commands, you could retrieve the values of the different settings, though you'd still have to do this manually.
You might otherwise be able to enable these commands using a customised config-file only containing the commands to add these commands; and then use the .rehash partyline command (.restart would wipe the current tcl interpreter, including all present settings) to re-execute the config-file.

Some filesystems allow the recovery of lost and/or deleted files under certain circumstances, though this is beyond the scope of eggdrop.

All this said, eggdrop would never delete it's config-file, so this would be an indication of a possible intrusion. You might just be better off starting off with a fresh tarball, deleting your old eggdrop...
NML_375