This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Problems installing TCL

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
P
ProXy
Op

Problems installing TCL

Post by ProXy »

Hi,

i decided to rent a server with root access, and therefor wanted to install an eggdrop on this server. When I tried to make"./configure", an error occured, telling me that I have to install TCL. So I installed from the Source to /usr/local/tcl. I also used the "export" command in this way:

Code: Select all

export TCLLIB=$HOME/lib
export TCLINC=$HOME/include
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/lib 
After that I could compile and install the eggdrop. But when I wanted to run it, I got this error:

./eggdrop: error while loading shared libraries: libtcl8.4.so: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory
When I rewrite the lines above using "export" I can also start the eggdrop, but after some minutes the same problem occurs.
I am running SuSE 7.2 and installed TCL 8.4.0! I simply used "./configure --prefix=/usr/local/tcl" but no other options! Is this the mistake?

It would be nice if anyone could please help me, and I am sorry, if this post shouldn`t be in this board!

ProXy
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

First things first, eggdrop will not run as root.

Second, if you have root access, there is another thing you should do when installing Tcl.

Run "ldconfig" after installiing Tcl.

There should be no need to export the environment variables after this. THough eggdrop will need a recompile.
P
ProXy
Op

Post by ProXy »

I installed TCL as root, and wanted to run eggdrop as user process...

I already tried to run ldconfig, but I get this error message:

p15107354:~ # ldconfig
ldconfig: /usr/lib/libexpat.so.1 is not a symbolic link