This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

newbie question...*hears all the groans...lol

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
k
kari``

Post by kari`` »

ok, i am getting started with my very first eggdrop bot. Have had some help, but still have problems. My question is this. I have found a .tlc script here that i have customized to work in my chan. The problem i have is when i save the .tlc file in notepad, it saves with a .txt extention. And for some reason, a file with a .txt extention i cant view in my ftp program. What editing program do i use to save this as a .tlc, and not a .txt file???? Or is it the ftp program im using?? i us WS-ftp.

(wondering if that made sense to anyone ;-/
I
Ian-Highlander
Op

Post by Ian-Highlander »

I suggest using Editpad Lite for editing TCL's as it wont put the crappy Windows coding on all the text.
You can find the web site for it here:
http://www.editpadlite.com
Hope this helps

Regards

Ian-Highlander
"Insanity Takes Its Toll, Please Have Exact Change"
k
kari``

Post by kari`` »

thanks for the reply...but still...i can not save it as a tcl extention....am i missing something here?? should it be a txt file???
P
Petersen
Owner

Post by Petersen »

umm, why don't you just save it then rename it in explorer or something?
R
Reykov

Post by Reykov »

If you place quotes ("") around file names while saving, Windows won't append an extension to the files.