This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

channel settings

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
D
DinX

Post by DinX »

the channel my bots are on normally was -m, for a couple of day's i've changed it to +m . Now i want it back to -m. I cganged it back in the bot's .conf and rehashed them --> nothing.
I restarted all the bots --> nothing
I did a .netchanset --> nothing

Can somebody help me out here. Whenever i set it -m myself the bots set it back to +m
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

What settings have your tried.
C
Crypto

Post by Crypto »

What about the bots.chan file ? look in there and see what it has for that channel's setting's.

Are you bots linked/shareing ? if the channel is static, then you need to edit all the configs and/maybe the *.chan files. If the channel is dynamic then you dont need to .. but it sounds like your channel is static because you are editing the config file ; )

M
Mikee

Post by Mikee »

Just use the DCC console .chanset command to make the changes and use .chansave to save it to the channel file. The channel settings in the config should just be enough to get your bot up and running, after that your channel file should be treated as your main source of channel settings, since it often overrides some config settings.