This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Game Server Bot

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
T
The Mad One
Voice

Game Server Bot

Post by The Mad One »

Those who are game players and have used server programs such as HLSW and HLM will know that it has an mIRC bot add-on which reports the goings on of a game server when the user is logged on to the server and has it turned on, but of course the downside of this is that it can only be on when the person is online. What I would like to know is whether there is some kind of script or plug-in for eggdrop bot that does this so it can be running 24/7. If there is none a stand alone linux program will be just as good I found one called hlbot but currently has support for only CS :o my clan mainly plays FireArms a mod for Half Life.

Thanks for any help :D
b
bigmo

Post by bigmo »

i know some for ut/ut²/to
but thats not the point..
these are mutaters for the gameserver, these are ad-ons for the game no an add-on / script for an eggdrop..
hope i helped u
P
Photon
Op

Post by Photon »

CS is easy - other mods not so - it all depends on what the server will give out over a remote connection. A lot of the scripts I have seen reply heavily on parsing the log files, which is a bit useless really. I know it very difficult to get this kind of info from Q3 based games, but I know very little about half life I'm afraid...

P.
t
tainted
Master

Post by tainted »

The UFO server repeater bot is quite nice for Tactical Ops, it might also be available for halflife. As already stated, the best way to do this is via a server mod for the game server. If you check out clan forums and/or developer sponsored forum sites, you should be able to find a better answer to your query.