This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

DNS LOOKUP problem

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
U
UnLeasHeD

DNS LOOKUP problem

Post by UnLeasHeD »

hey guys,

i have eggdrop ver. 1.6.12 and since yesterday i can not load it. i keep getting the message DNS FAILED LOOKUP and i won't connect to any (undernet) server. The DNS module is already loaded in my config file but still the bot won't load. Does anybody know what's wrong?

Thanx a lot :)
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

I seriously sugest contacting the shell admin, as this sound like a issue with somthing being changed for the worse on the shell.

However, you may consider upgrading to test it this resolves the problem.
U
UnLeasHeD

Post by UnLeasHeD »

Thanx a lot. Will do that :) cheers
R
Rob
Voice

re

Post by Rob »

This is also a problem I am getting whilst trying to run some windrops from some windows 95/98 lan machines and on the main computer its self which is running windows xp.

However I do not get this problem from the linux server but I have to move the eggdrops off linux as we are converting it only ircd hosting only.

Anyhelp would be greatful.

Thanks.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

Read the documentation on http://windrop.sf.net/

You will need to include a host or resolve.conf dile (dan't remember which). This site documents this.
P
Photon
Op

Post by Photon »

Do those machines have access to dns normally? Are you using NAT connections or proxy style for the internal machines? if proxy then you probably have no access to DNS anyway...

Otherwise its a windrop problem, and I have a suspicion that searching the site *may* give you an answer... If the code is the same then there shouldnt be a problem so long as the dns servers for the machine it is runningon are set up correctly and the machine has access to said servers. If the code isnt the same then I dont know :)
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

Photon:

The eggdrop is the same code, and does exactly the same.

Infact, the resolver libraies all allmost the same too.

It's these libraries that are at issue. They work the same as there *nix counterparts, rather than the native win32 methods. As such, need the same files as the *nix counterparts.