This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

cant see bot responses

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
H
HazyDavy

cant see bot responses

Post by HazyDavy »

Hi,

I have just setup my first eggdrop and installed bseen. When I do !seen <nick> in the channel I cant see the bots response, but everyone else in the channel can see the response. I dont have the bot ignored. I am connected to the server thru a bnc, the bot is on the same host as bnc but is running a different vhost. I really dont know what could be causing this

Dave
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

This doesn't sound like a eggdrop, or bseen issue.

When you say every person except you can see the responces. Do you mean the following.

You type "!seen nickname", you can't see a reply but everyone else can?

Somone else types "!seen nickname" and can see the reply?

If it is the second, then it may well be a bseen settings issue, where it is ignoring you for some reason or another. Make sure you are not on the bots ignore list.

If it is the first, it sounds more like a client, network, or BNC issue.

More information is needed, in order to help any further.
H
HazyDavy

Post by HazyDavy »

It this one

You type "!seen nickname", you can't see a reply but everyone else can?

Just tried without the BNC and it works, so it must be a setting in psybnc maybe but im not sure. I dont understand why my client would be ignoring the bot or the bnc for that matter. Does it matter if the bot is opped or now, or if I am opped etc?
N
Nexus6
Op

Post by Nexus6 »

HazyDavy wrote:Does it matter if the bot is opped or now, or if I am opped etc?
I don't recall, the best would be checking script settings, guess it can be set to respond to ops only.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

Nexus6 wrote: I don't recall, the best would be checking script settings, guess it can be set to respond to ops only.
Doubtful.

If everyelse is seeing a reply, while you are not, then it can't be that. The script sends a global/group message. IE, it sends 1 messages, with a destination of a channel. The IRC server broadcasts this message.

As such, it must be sending somthing for other to see the reply.

There is a possible issue, that I can see causing this. The BNC ignores traffic, it thinks may have come from it's own connection.

Are you running the bot through the BNC too?

Do other messages sent from the bot not display for you?
H
HazyDavy

Post by HazyDavy »

it must be a BNC issue, if I connect without the BNC the bot works perfectly. The bot is not running thru a BNC, just using a vhost on the shell, which is different to the one im using on the BNC. I cant see anything at all from the bot. I've looked all through psyBNC documentation but still no luck. Perhaps only option is getting another shell but other people must run bots and bncs on same hosts.

Think i'll need to search about a bit more.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

What BNC software are you running.

Does it have a feature to setup ignores inside the BNC?