This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Rely TCL

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
L
Laser
Voice

Rely TCL

Post by Laser »

I'm searching for a TCL script that can make a rely on a network/server and make other network/server bigger with it allready is.
Yourname
Master

Post by Yourname »

Well, first off.. I don't have a clue what you mean by "making the server/network bigger by already is"

But a relay script which makes 2 eggdrops transfer data/chat/what's up from one channel to the other on the other network, and vice-versa, you'll find plenty in the egghelp tcl scripts archive :)
Dormant egghead.
L
Laser
Voice

Re: Rely TCL

Post by Laser »

I need an eggdrop TCL that transfers users from one IRC network to another. It's some kind of rely script. IT'S NOT SOME KIND OF INVITE TCL!!!
For example:
I join my eggdrop on this server - irc.server1.just.example.com #example and the eggdrop (EXAMPLE_EGG) is joining the users from irc.server1.just.example.com #example to irc.server2.just.example.org #example, but ther arn't actually connecting through irc.server2.just.example.org actually.

You've got it didn't you?
d
dvV
Voice

Post by dvV »

he didnt say anything about a relay script. what yourname is referencing is imo what you are looking for. have you tried searching the archive (http://www.egghelp.org/tcl.htm). i am sure a simple search for "relay" will get you what you want.

dvV
L
Laser
Voice

Post by Laser »

actually the problem is that I can't find it! :(
d
dvV
Voice

Post by dvV »

if you want something that will relay what is said, who joins/parts, kicks/bans, on a channel to another channel both being on two dif networks than these scripts are what you want, if not please try respecifing:

http://www.egghelp.org/tclhtml/1256-0-1-relay.htm

dvV
L
Laser
Voice

Post by Laser »

I am not about that kind of script.
I mean that when you join the bot on other network and link it with your IRC server it will join the users from a channel on the network to the same channel on the IRC server. Just like they are users of that server.
h
har0
Voice

relay ?

Post by har0 »

Shhh in a strange moment of being awake .. i think he wants to relay to servers trough a tcl for the bot, where then 2 servers get 1 "Irc network"

if that is what he wants .. i doubt that exists ?
Yourname
Master

Post by Yourname »

I doubt it too. :-?
Dormant egghead.
L
Laser
Voice

Post by Laser »

actually it EGGsists, but it's not desplayed on any site. Ok. Anyway I thought you understand me. I need someone who has it or can make it. I will help him with what I can.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

What you are talking about, is not the job for eggdrop.

UserA joins ChannelA on ServerA.
BotB, makes a fake connection to ServerB, and makes that fake conection join ChannelB

Sofor each users that joins a channel, the bot must start a new connection, and manage it.

This has four potential flaws.

1: Bandwidth: For each person that joins, you add a tonn of traffic

2: Speed: For each person that joins, you add another set of processing to do.

3: Clone KILLS: Each fake connection made, will use the hostname of the bot. Most networks limit the number of clones possible, thus you run out pretty quick.

4: T&C and AUP's: Most shell providers do not allow more than one outgoing IRC connection per process.
L
Laser
Voice

Post by Laser »

actually you are right, but I don't pay for the trafic or the slow CPU. I pay for a shell account with 16 background processes. The connection of the server is 200k/s. Can you get me this script or at least someone who can?
Please!!!
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

You will find what you have said is true with most shell providers.

Have you looked in the T&C's and/or the AUP's. You will likely find that while it's not a restriction, but there right to terminate and/or suspend your account without notice, for overuse of memory, CPU, bandwidth and so on.

Most providers, while not specifying specific limits on these, will state that programs like energymech and/or, only one connection to a IRC server per process.

I strongly sugest reading these documents.

Most people seem to think they can do what they wish with a shell account.

As for point 3 of my post. Regardless of what your shell provider gives you, it will never solve this. Killing clones is part of the IRC server, not the limitations of your shell.

As for the script, I would seriously sugest learning Tcl yourself, if you so wish to use Tcl. However, due to it's slowness, it's not suited to what you want.

It would be far better to learn C, and code your own system from scratch.

It is very unlikely you will find people willing to code you this, due to the fact it can't be done in under 100 lines of code.

You may want to look into the option of linking the IRC servers together. It's far more sensible.
L
Laser
Voice

Post by Laser »

I'm sure that I won't have a problem useing this kind of things. I can use anything I want (except exploits) on my account, but I need this TCL.
I need someone who needs this script and can write it for me and himself I will be most thankful to him.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

MOst people don't need this sort of script.

There are one of two solutions that solve 99.9% of problems.

1: Links two IRC servers together.

2: Use a relay script, to just relay the text.