This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Tcl error - list element ... instead of space

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
De Kus
Revered One

Tcl error - list element ... instead of space

Post by De Kus »

i read the FAQ bepending on that, but in this script split is already used probably... i think

Code: Select all

set nick [split $nick !]
set nick [lindex $nick 0]
set text [split $text]
set chan [lindex $text 0]
set text [lrange $text 1 end]
these are the only lines i can find,

its a well known script lamer.tcl from help.quakenet.org. the exact error msg is

Tcl error [handle_lamer]: list element in braces followed by "" instead of space
so is this unfixable? because its bound to RAW i would like to rewrite it a bit to bind it to pubm so chan and nick would be already "splitted". could this already could fix all problems? and could i leave the rest of the code as it is?

PS: i know that set nick [split $nick !] and set nick [lindex $nick 0] could be written as set nick [lindex [split $nick !] 0], but i posted the originally unmodified code.
De Kus
Revered One

ok

Post by De Kus »

i have found a exact quote for the error

[23:18:28] <nickdeleted> die "high"lvl monster leben bischen länger als 5 secs

[23:18:28] <botname> [23:18] Tcl error [handle_lamer]: list element in quotes followed by "lvl" instead of space
seems "" is making troubles... any idea?
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

Simple fix.

Download and edit the file, find the line "proc handle_lamer" and delete the line below it "set text [join $text]"

That will take your troubles away
c
cmouse

Author replies finally

Post by cmouse »

Fixed the script on help.quakenet.org

thanks for contacting me... those of you who are bold & adventurous can check http://cmouse.quakenet.org/progs/tcl for some more-or-less working scripts. I am not quanteering that any of those, except bnsystem.tar.gz work. Have fun, and once again thanks for contacting me.