This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

linking with sharing..

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
P
ProXy
Op

linking with sharing..

Post by ProXy »

Hello,

I just linked my eggdrops like written on egghelp.org, they are connected and the leaf got the hub`s userfile. But when I use -restart in the partyline of the leaf (with the hub`s userfile), he doesn`t know that he should reconnect to the hub, because in the hub userfile there is no entry to link to himself...

So, how could I solve this problem?
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

This is a known issue, and is caused by, as you said, no record for the hub.

Simply create a record in the hub, about itself (host, address and port) but without any botflags (flags like +o and +f are ok, I am on about share and hub (+h) flags).
P
ProXy
Op

Post by ProXy »

Just another question. My userport differs from my bot-port but match * shows me the same port for both connection-types. How can I change one of them to its correct value?
Last edited by ProXy on Thu Feb 27, 2003 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

Forgot to note.

Once this is done, recreate the record on the leaf, and give the required botflags.

Once done, further transfers should result in the leaf seeing the record about itself from the hub, and simply append the botflags it allready knows about.