This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

users with more than 9 chars in userfile?

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
arcane
Master

users with more than 9 chars in userfile?

Post by arcane »

is there a way that eggdrop 1.6.13 adds users with more than 9 chars? the problem is, it adds them, but truncates their nick after 9 chars (well, main problem is: stats.mod seems to take these truncated nicks and doesnt count the untruncated any more). seems to work well but i wonder if this could be changed. nick-length in the eggdrop.conf is set to 30 (thats what my network supports).
gumbydammit
Master

Post by gumbydammit »

im sure this has been anwsered many times and could be found using the search feature for handlen ..
You need to edit eggdrop.h and set handlen to the value you want.. then recompile.. only problem with this is all bots on your botnet need to match handlen or they will not link
cheers:)
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

However, I am not sure if stats.mod uses the HANDLEN value defined in eggdrop, and may not changes the way this module functions.
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

stats.mod uses longer names then handlength, BUT as long a user record matchs its hostmark to a user, stats.mod will use the handle of this record for its stats. so changing the bots handlen and rename all existing users will automatically change the users stats names. i did that before and worked allways fine as long as it is done via partyline and .nick command (note, you can done an .su <handle> as owner to login to the other nicks to do an .nick :D).
Yourname
Master

Post by Yourname »

Like gumby specified, arcane.. you can try the recompile to which you'll find a readup on howto here

And if that is done, I dont think you'll have to go thru the pain in manually changing the nicks of users... or the best I can suggest is ask, GQuann, the author himself for a workaround. :)
Dormant egghead.