This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

compilation problem since new cygwin version

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
De Kus
Revered One

compilation problem since new cygwin version

Post by De Kus »

i dunno why, but since i updatet to the newsst cygwin version i cant ,/configure any more. it stops with

Code: Select all

De Kus@de-kus /eggdrop1.6
$ ./configure

This is Eggdrop's GNU configure script.
It's going to run a bunch of strange tests to hopefully
make your compile work without much twiddling.

checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler cannot cr
eate executables
check `config.log' for details.

De Kus@de-kus /eggdrop1.6
$
config.log contains

configure:1350: checking for gcc
configure:1366: found /usr/bin/gcc
configure:1376: result: gcc
configure:1618: checking for C compiler version
configure:1621: gcc --version </dev/null >&5
gcc (GCC) 3.2 20020927 (prerelease)
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

configure:1624: $? = 0
configure:1626: gcc -v </dev/null >&5
Using built-in specs.
Configured with: /netrel/src/gcc-3.2-3/configure --enable-languages=c,c++,f77,java --enable-libgcj --enable-threads=posix --with-system-zlib --enable-nls --without-included-gettext --enable-interpreter --disable-sjlj-exceptions --disable-version-specific-runtime-libs --enable-shared --build=i686-pc-linux --host=i686-pc-cygwin --target=i686-pc-cygwin --enable-haifa --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libdir=/usr/lib --includedir=/nonexistent/include --libexecdir=/usr/sbin
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.2 20020927 (prerelease)
configure:1629: $? = 0
configure:1631: gcc -V </dev/null >&5
gcc: argument to `-V' is missing
configure:1634: $? = 1
configure:1654: checking for C compiler default output
configure:1657: gcc    conftest.c  >&5
gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1': No such file or directory
configure:1660: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
#line 1637 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
i compilied the bot already a few times and tried with bei last-backup from my snapshot files.
i already deinstalled and deleted cygwin complettly and reinstalled from new downloaded archives, always the same error stops me...

has anyone an idea why it cant find cc1 or whatever it is searching for? can't find any package for cygwin for this. and to note, it worked fone before i updated a few days ago.

a search for cc1.* ended with the resault that there exist 2 cc1.exe in /lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.3-10/ and /lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.2/ and a link in /lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-mingw32/3.2/. i also checked with ls -ln if all copies are executable. anyone has similar problems or a solution? because on the windrop.sourcforge.net there is a compilation with the new cygwin version, i am cure it has to work somehow.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

We don't deal with windrops here, so your best bet is to visit http://windrop.sf.net/ and the associated sf.net project page, and ask for help there.

Have you forgotten to setup a environment variable?
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

ehm... yes, sorry, saw i few topics about scripts problemes relaying to windrops, so thought would be ok.

hmm, perhaps, but didn't change anything since last compilation execpt running the update. first i thought it the problem was perhaps caused i decompressd the bind and tcl stuff via winrar instead of tar. but it wasnt it, either. but your right, im posting the thing on the other forum.

PS: but this forum leaks response... many people posting problems, but rare help... but we will see. *resets sourceforge account password* what ever this password was... it was surely old :D *hats to post anonym, thats lame ;)*

PPS: searched for files containing "cc1", but didnt find any file containing illegal links. only file with links is in /etc/preremove/gcc-mingw-manifest.lst that the filenames contained there are pointing to the valid link.
checked via

De Kus@de-kus /lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-mingw32/3.2
$ ./cc1.exe
dunno what happend, but had to strg+c to return to command line. but if the link would be brocken it would have told me, wouldnt it?
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

cc1 was likely sitting there, waiting for input from STDIN, in which case, ti would just site there until EOF or forced exit.
p
pumpk1ns
Voice

Post by pumpk1ns »

make sure you were installed newest winapi from cygwin setup package
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

can't select newer version and already completly reinstalled to prevent any version conflitcs. also tried a cvs version to be sure its not a probleme with it since the configure script has changed, but same messages with both version.

btw. no reponse on the windrop forum so long ^-^