This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Gseen Bug???

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
V
Viper359
Voice

Gseen Bug???

Post by Viper359 »

Okay, I have now had my bot banned from a channel, because apparently it has a bug.

This line was stated in a channel, and it responded.

not sure if ive seen this one- i have the first <--- The Line

What the bot said:

Viper359, I found 25 matches to your query. These are the 5 most recent ones: beer_monger, sick_of_life, kill_me_now, my_addressis_1156bishoptutublv, some_girl. beer_monger (~ryan@CPE086d5c4b3514-CM0080378612e7.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) was last seen quitting #Toronto 4 days 11 hours 43 minutes ago (21.03. 21:33) stating "Quit: " after spending 1 hour 39 minutes there.

Usally when someone uses the ! trigger, it shows in the DCC Chat, but, it does not when you type that command. In fact, I would not even have known that it did it, unless, I typed the command myself. The bot, also does not log that anywhere either. Is this a bug? How do I fix it, I know nothing about scripting.

Thanks
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

It looks like you are running a seen script of some kind.

You will need to go over the settings, and make sure they suit your needs, including changing where it repsponds.

You will also need to review what channel settings you have, if the bot allows the. See .chaninfo and the script documentation for help on this.
V
Viper359
Voice

Post by Viper359 »

That is correct, I am running the gseen script. I am trying to figure out why when that line is typed by anyone it activates it. It is a bug, its got nothing to do with the settings and were it responds. NO known trigger is being activated, yet it is responding.

Thank You
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

This seems to be a issues inside eggdrop, and simalar issues have been reported in the past.

I will pass this along, and see what happens.
V
Viper359
Voice

Post by Viper359 »

Okay, I have found a temp soloution.

Shut off the A.I. and delete some lines above it. I had to play around with it to get it to work. Shutting off the A.I. Alone does not cut it.

delete the lines between this
set ai-seen-binds ""
some lines here
some lines here
some lines here
some lines here

and stop deleting right here
# this is just the same as above, but if triggered it will
# not do an ai-seen, but display its seen-stats.

I hope this works for anyone else that has this problem. I know nothing about this stuff, I just tinkered with this and tested it. Everything still works for me, but the A.I.

Let me know

Viper
arcane
Master

Post by arcane »

as far as i remember, this is exactly what the config-file says :-?
z
zapped

Post by zapped »

gsen is a module, in the conf file where you took out the command lines "triggers" you just need to modify them to what you want the bot to actually respond to ,>>
set ai-seen-binds {
"seen*${nick}*
for instance will respond to ANYTHING with the word seen in it and it wont matter if there is a nick or not, the bot just assumes a random word after the word seen is the nick and will search it.
If you set it to !seen *${nick}* it will require the command in it and wont say a thing without it.

The second thing you can do is set this part of your gseen.conf to say,,,# same as quiet-seens but for AI seen

set quiet-ai-seens "#test, #testb, #testc"
this will send a notice to the person and nothing to the channel. hope that helps :wink:
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

That is not related to the issues at hand.

The issues talked of, is the fact gseen is responding to blank messages.
z
zapped

Re: Gseen Bug???

Post by zapped »

Viper359 wrote:Okay, I have now had my bot banned from a channel, because apparently it has a bug.

"This line was stated in a channel, and it responded.

not sure if ive seen this one- i have the first <--- The Line"

"Usally when someone uses the ! trigger, it shows in the DCC Chat, but, it does not when you type that command."

still nothing to do with it? :wink:
arcane
Master

Post by arcane »

ppslim wrote: The issues talked of, is the fact gseen is responding to blank messages.
hm... although i dont know what leads you to this opinion, ive also had something like this. my eggdrop responds to a blank line with a line saying "hi nick, ive got blah people in userfile. the file needs blah bytes." or something like that. the strange thing is, that this only happened when a user with xchat sent this empty line. couldnt reproduce it with mirc. well, just an annotation, i dont see this as serious problem.