This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Netbots.tcl : creating a dummy flag

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
j0n
Op

Netbots.tcl : creating a dummy flag

Post by j0n »

I would like to create a dummy flag in order for users (non-owners) to use the netbots commands.

I went through the .tcl and changed the owner handle 'matchattr $hand n' to some other dummy flag. Lets say my dummy flag is +B, when giving users this flag, they can see the commands by typing .nethelp but are unabled to use any of the commands, like .netjoin or .netsay .

When I give myself the dummy flag, along with the owner flag, everything works correctly. Netset.tcl is set to set 'nb_owner 0'.

Has anyone done this before or have any ideas?

Thank you,
j0n
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

There is usualy a lot more to it that just changing these lines.

You have to take into account the binds as well.

There is a whole host of binds listed throughout the netbots scripts, searching each file for "bind dcc" will usualy find them quicker for you.

netjoin. netpart and many others are bound to "+n" at this point.
j0n
Op

Post by j0n »

Ya, I did previously edit the bind commands, but that resulted in users not being able to execute .netbots .

If this is beyong editing a few default flag lines, I`ll just ask someone who knows tcl instead of guessing.

Thanks
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

What did you try editing the bind lines too?

So long as the bind lines, and the matchattr lines are done, it should function.