This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

More than one bot from the same eggdrop directory

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
r
romprod
Halfop

More than one bot from the same eggdrop directory

Post by romprod »

I have a Mandrake box setup atm, i want to be able to create a handfull of users and let them be able to run the eggdrop files (so i get more than one ident response) from one central directory to save on space and time in installing the bots. Where would be the best directory to do this and what file permissions etc would i need to setup?
h
har0
Voice

Post by har0 »

i want to be able to create a handfull of users and let them be able to run the eggdrop files (so i get more than one ident response)
Nope .. if you look at the readme, help or any other on mandrake, you will see that each user will have to have his "own account" (login and folders etc) in order to get a seperate ident.

If you make 1 eggdrop that can be accessed by all users, it will keep the ident the bot has, or a leading ~ at the ident , when starting several .conf file's.
Other problem might be that all users can access other conf file's ?
user

Post by user »

har0 wrote:Nope .. if you look at the readme, help or any other on mandrake, you will see that each user will have to have his "own account" (login and folders etc) in order to get a seperate ident.
You missed his point...he would like to have several users (different accounts) sharing the same binaries, not dynamic files like .chan, .notes, .user and .conf

How about installing in /usr/sbin/eggdrop ? I've never done it but it should work just fine...just make sure you change all the relevant paths in the conf :)
r
romprod
Halfop

Post by romprod »

yeah, i'm looking at being able to run different bot.conf's etc from one main eggdrop directory but with different idents, i'm not really bothered about other linux accounts being able to read files as there's only me on this box anyways.