This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Botnet. Pleas help

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
C
Cavallo
Voice

Botnet. Pleas help

Post by Cavallo »

Hello all. Can yomebody tell me step by step what I must to do that I connect my bots together ? PLEAS :wink: . I think it will be helpful to all newbies. Sorry for eanglish :-?

Thanks
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

Follow the instructions from this page.
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
C
Cavallo
Voice

Post by Cavallo »

Hi! Thanks for this. I make it but I can only connecto one bot :( . What I must do to connect all three bots ?

caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

One should be the hub and the other two the leafs. Read the instructions from that page..
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
C
Cavallo
Voice

Post by Cavallo »

I did that. But when second bot connect the hub bot goes offline (connection reset by per) and some more erros Timeout/EOF ident connection and this Refused telnet@xxx.xxxx.xxx (invalid handle: Fast). What I must do ? One bot can connect the second one cant :( . Grrrrr

Help :-?
gumbydammit
Master

Post by gumbydammit »

the handle of the bot you are trying to link in the hub bot must match what that bot has for "set botnet-nick" in his conf...
C
Cavallo
Voice

Post by Cavallo »

I do that and then I add # before that line and rehash all and restart but nothing. Still the same. Dunno where the bot still get fast ?? I change all. I try to add again bots but still the same :-? hmmmmm

Help
i
ilkant

Add timeout time

Post by ilkant »

You have several timeout settings in bot config file. Add them, they are too short times.. Then your egg connects to another if there is no other problems.

For example:

set connect-timeout 15

add this to 120

Some years ago I solved connection problem with those timeouts.
C
Cavallo
Voice

Post by Cavallo »

Hmmm IS mybe the problem because I connecting all bots from one host ? All bot are on one computer. Is this problem ? Because I cant connect the 3rd bot :-? . Dunno whats wrong. When I try connect third bot I he discconect (connection reset by peer). And one more question : Is there any option that when bot get disconnected he connect back ?

Help

Thanks 8)
gumbydammit
Master

Post by gumbydammit »

oh your bots not even named fast lol

you have to pick different listen ports for your bots man..

like im guessing you have two bots (or two instances of one bot) running and listening on a very close port
C
Cavallo
Voice

Post by Cavallo »

hmmm yeah the port of theas bots are 1996 and 1997 :) . and one bot have but . When I try to connect this bot to hub trought other irc server then I get the erroe Ident time out. If I try connect trpught second irc server then hub bot get connection reset by peer :-?
P
ProXy
Op

Post by ProXy »

I have a similar problem linking my bots:

Code: Select all

[Friday, 11.07.2003 - 17:05:58] <[censored]|You> [17:06] Downloading user file from HTP
[Friday, 11.07.2003 - 17:06:08] <[censored]|You> [17:06] Failed connection; aborted userfile transfer.
[Friday, 11.07.2003 - 17:06:38] <[censored]|You> [17:06] Disconnected from: HTP. No reason (lost 1 bot and 1 user)
[Friday, 11.07.2003 - 17:06:39] <[censored]|You> *** Disconnected from: HTP. No reason (lost 1 bot and 1 user)
All flags are set up correctly, +shared is active, but it is not possible to share the userfile, even one is hub and the other leaf, and the hub shares aggressive and the leaf pssaive....

The userlist contains of 30 entries, is it possible that i have to increase the timeout? Both eggdrop run on one host: rootbash.com

Ports are 3002 und 3004...