This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Error 127 ??

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
G

Post by Guest »

Hi there , i have got an error return on my linux debian 2.2.19 :wink:

Linking eggdrop...

gcc -pipe -o ../eggdrop bg.o botcmd.o botmsg.o botnet.o chanprog.o cmds.o dcc.o dccutil.o dns.o flags.o language.o main.o mem.o misc.o misc_file.o modules.o net.o rfc1459.o tcl.o tcldcc.o tclhash.o tclmisc.o tcluser.o userent.o userrec.o users.o -L/usr/local/lib -ltcl8.3 -lm -ldl -lnsl md5/md5c.o compat/*.o `cat mod/mod.xlibs`
strip ../eggdrop
Successful compile: eggdrop

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/nemesis/eggdrop/eggdrop1.6.6/src'

./eggdrop: error in loading shared libraries: libtcl8.3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
make: *** [modegg] Error 127

what's wrong about the tcl ???
P
Petersen
Owner

Post by Petersen »

as it said, it cant find libtcl8.3.so. re-run the ./configure script with the --with-tclinc=/path/to/tcl.h and --with-tcllib=/path/to/tcl.so (including the filenames) and recompile
|
|^Raven^|

Post by |^Raven^| »

I believe it's saying that it cannot find /usr/local/lib/libtcl8.3.so

If you did ./configure, then it should have found the proper pathing itself.

Alternatively, you can use environment variables to point to the actual location of libtcl8.3.so, read the README file, and you'll be looking for --with-tcllib=, as a switch to ./configure.

Good luck.

|^Raven^|