This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Single bot multi hosts

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
Wolfe
Voice

Single bot multi hosts

Post by Wolfe »

Been looking for awhile, and would like to use eggdrop instead of a perl based bot I found...
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/relay-bot/)
I have an eggdrop which works great as is... but rather then running another bot, would like to have my eggdrop connect to multi irc hosts at the same time, (all but one host has the same channel name).

I know this can be done by running two eggdrops a relay.tcl script but would rather run one on all servers (more then three btw)

Anyone done this?
Wolfe
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

There are scripts t perform this, other than just relay.tcl, some of which will allow only a single bot to be used.

However, they are resource intensive, and due to the way the background of eggdrop works, may result in lots of timeouts on both parts.
Wolfe
Voice

Post by Wolfe »

ppslim wrote:There are scripts t perform this, other than just relay.tcl, some of which will allow only a single bot to be used.

However, they are resource intensive, and due to the way the background of eggdrop works, may result in lots of timeouts on both parts.
Well, I've looked for such scripts... haven't found one that didn't require a second eggdrop for each server.

Any url's?
Wolfe