This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Avatars only for ops / masters / etc ?

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
GodOfSuicide
Master

Avatars only for ops / masters / etc ?

Post by GodOfSuicide »

Is it possible to disable a users avatar if his rank is lower than "Op" ?
e
egghead
Master

Post by egghead »

Hey... poor man's solution: close your left eye and turn your head about 45 degrees to the right. You will need to experiment a bit with that angle :)
user

Post by user »

egghead wrote:Hey... poor man's solution: close your left eye and turn your head about 45 degrees to the right. You will need to experiment a bit with that angle :)
That will require some practise as the rank is pretty close to the avatars :P

A text-only theme would be great though :)
Have you ever read "The Manual"?
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

don't you like my avatar, or why did you just mantion this on that day I realiezed that I had completly forgotten to enter a signature and an avatar? :D

Just kidding. But I think all avatars are ok, since they can't exceed 6kb and 80*80 pixels... it's not like on some other forums, where you can use remote avatars which has no restrictions.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
user

Post by user »

De Kus wrote:don't you like my avatar
Is that you?
I get a lot of heat about my avatar because of the way it looks. With those ears you're sure to recieve your fair share of mockery :lol:
Have you ever read "The Manual"?
Clipped
Halfop

Re: Avatars only for ops / masters / etc ?

Post by Clipped »

GodOfSuicide wrote:Is it possible to disable a users avatar if his rank is lower than "Op" ?
WHy would this be considered? In my opinion an avatar is a way of users expressing themselves..WHy not disable nicks also?If your not op status then you get to be guest.As long as the av is not considerably offensive it should be allowed..I would like to see the pixel size increased to 100x100 or 120x120 though ;)

C
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

Clipped wrote:WHy would this be considered? In my opinion an avatar is a way of users expressing themselves..
Indeed, in fact there should be a required minimum 20 pieces of flair in every user's signature. You do want to express yourself, don't you? :D
Clipped
Halfop

Post by Clipped »

slennox wrote:Indeed, in fact there should be a required minimum 20 pieces of flair in every user's signature. You do want to express yourself, don't you? :D

hehe ..i can take care of the sig if required...;) but i dont know if our definition of flair is the same..:)

C