This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

listen error

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
J
JOE
Voice

listen error

Post by JOE »

Hi again
Dont know what happen to my bot.Every since i used the .die command i get this error (Tcl error in file 'eggdrop.conf': Couldnt grab nearby port while executing "listen 3334 all") file eggdrop.conf line 255.I looked it all over and dont see what can be wrong.Cant start bot unless i put the # back in front of Listen 3334.Bot will then start but wont join channel.Please help me solve this problem.also what is the best way to shut eggdrop down.Thanks once again JOE
gumbydammit
Master

Post by gumbydammit »

either set my-ip is set wrong.. or perhaps something else on the comp is already using the port you chose..
a.k.a. hellios
Turambar
Halfop

Post by Turambar »

If you're on a shellprovider this can happen because the ports aren't distributed "fix" to their costumers. So someone else got a bot or so running on that port. You could perhaps telnet to that port and see if you get a response.
J
JOE
Voice

Thanks guys

Post by JOE »

everything works fine..thank you for taking the time to help me...have a good thanksgiving
Turambar
Halfop

Post by Turambar »

you too :)