This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

restoring a user.file

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
C
Crypto

Post by Crypto »

Hi -

I lost my shell that hosted my hub bot. I have a bak of the entire eggdrop structure, which i know I can just un tar on a new shell and go from there. BUT ... the user.base is older then the other bots in my botnet. ( I have 20 sharebots, 1 hub and 1 alt hub ) Can I just take a bot.user file from one of the leafs and rename it to my hub bots userfile and drop it in the hubs dir ?? Will this work ?? Or is there a better way to do this ??

Thanks for any info/tips

Crypto
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

This should work, yes.

There will be a few problems, but as long as you are aware of them, you can take care of them straight away.

If the bot you are taking the userfile from, has a bot records, with a botattr of +h, them you will have to remove this straight away after launch of the bot, the same goes for +a records.

If the record does not allready exist, you will have to add one for the bot you remove it off. EG: You use the userfile from leaf1, make sure there is a user record in the userfile for leaf1 once installed on the hub..

Both of these tasks can be done once the hub is up and running.
C
Crypto

Post by Crypto »

On 2001-10-04 22:02, ppslim wrote:
This should work, yes.

If the bot you are taking the userfile from, has a bot records, with a botattr of +h, them you will have to remove this straight away after launch of the bot, the same goes for +a records.
Hi PPslim -

Ok I think I understand, but not 100% sure.
lets say my hub nick is bigbot1 and the leaf nick is smallbot1.

As you allready know hubbot userfile is gone. I will take leafbot userfile and drop it into hubbot dir, and rename it of course. Now my question is what you are saying about the flags. Currently this is what I have on the leafbot userfile.

bigbot1 botflags (on smallbot1) = ghp
smallbot1 botflags (on smallbot1) = gs

So if I understand correctly, then this would be ok to transfer to the new hub dir without any changes at all right ??

Or did I missunderstand :/

Thanks again for the help !!
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

Yes, this should be fine.

The best way is do to it, and fix the problems then.

You may only find you have sharing problems, which might not happen. If you do, remove all sharing flags, then re-add them int he right order. That way yo know it is all correct.
C
Crypto

Post by Crypto »

PPslim,

Well I have done all the above and I am having a shareing issue :sad: This is what I am getting:
===============================
[20:12] <Crypto`> .link hubbot
[20:12] <leafbot> [20:09] Linking to hubbot at xx.xx.xx.xx:13400 ...
[20:12] <leafbot> [20:09] Received challenge from hubbot... sending response ...
[20:12] <leafbot> [20:09] Linked to hubbot.
[20:12] <leafbot> *** Linked to hubbot
[20:12] <leafbot> [20:09] Downloading user file from hubbot
[20:12] <leafbot> [20:09] Asynchronous connection failed!
[20:12] <leafbot> *** Dropped bot: hubbot (lost 1 bot and 1 user)
[20:12] <leafbot> [20:09] (Userlist download aborted.)
========================

What does that mean ? Asynchronous connection failed ??

Thanks again !
Crypto