This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Alt-hub not linking

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
T
Tbone86

Alt-hub not linking

Post by Tbone86 »

I have 3 bots setup currently.

Master
Hub1
Leaf

Hub1 connects to the Master and the Leaf connects to Hub1, when Hub1 goes down the Leaf does not connect to the Master even though i have it set as an ALT-hub in the leaf records it just trys to connect to Hub1 over and over again.

I have discovered that if i do a .link on the leaf or remove the "h" flag from the Hub1 entry it connects to the Master, so its setup correctly it just doesnt try to auto-connect to it, i have tryed recompiling the bot serveral times and its still not working, any help is appreciated.
j0n
Op

Post by j0n »

leaf should .botattr master +a

only bot flag needed.
T
Tbone86

Post by Tbone86 »

I had the master set as +agp on the leaf bot and it still wasnt working, i tryed your suggestion with just the "a" flag and its still just not wanting to connect.

I turned debug on the console and the only thing that happens is every minute it trys to connect to the Hub1, no kind of debug info about why it doesnt try the Master after connecting to Hub1 fails.

[Edit]
These are the flags for each bot.

Master
Hub1 bfoN
BOT FLAGS: gs

Leaf bfoN

Hub1
Master bfoN
BOT FLAGS: ghp

Leaf bfoN

Leaf
Hub1 bfoN
BOT FLAGS: ghp

Master bfoN
BOT FLAGS: agp
T
Tbone86

Post by Tbone86 »

Ok so i just built another linux machine and setup my second leaf bot on there instead of where my Master and Hub1 is located.

It works, when the hub dies it connects to the master automatically.

So im stuck now, i geuss ill try reinstalling eggdrop completely and resetting everything up on the main machine again.

If anyone else has any suggestions ill be happy take them.
T
Tbone86

Post by Tbone86 »

Just reinstalled eggdrop on my main machine and still having the same problem, the leaf bot is set correctly but when the Hub dies it does not try to connect the Master as an alt, just Hub1 over and over again.

Simply typing .link Master makes it connect right up and when i bring the Hub1 back online bots restructure themselves and all is well until the hub goes down again.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions anyone has.
T
Tbone86

Post by Tbone86 »

Ok just got done rebooting, re-creating all my conf files from scratch along with the Bots of course. Took the netbots script out of play and still having the same crappy problem.

Im stuck on this one, if anyone else has any suggestion please help.