This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

hub bot and some leaf bot IP and hostname changing

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
d
dreid81

hub bot and some leaf bot IP and hostname changing

Post by dreid81 »

My hub bot and some of my leaf bots IP's and hostnames are changing. How is this going to effect the linking and share of my users file. Can it be fixed by doing a .+host on the hub bot? Also what about the leaf bots that connect to my hub bot? When I set them up I did a .+bot <botname> <hostname:port> Will if have to change the hostname for the hub bot on all my leaf bots? I hope someone can fill me in on an easy way to do this.
j0n
Op

Post by j0n »

first of all, it doesn't matter what the leaf's have as hostnames, etc

your leafs must link to the hub, therefor you need the correct information for the hub. If your hub's ip changes (same for hostname), then you have a dynamic IP and should consider getting something like dynu.com.

in the leafs, set the valid information so that they can link to the hub, once they link to the hub, the job is complete.

the leaf's hostnames can change 100 times a day, it won`t affect linking. It may affect ops if variables are not used correctly;
like nick*!identd@*.something.net