This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Bots only kicking. not banning

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
X
X-File
Voice

Bots only kicking. not banning

Post by X-File »

If i set a ban on my bot it only kicks users and does not set the channel ban. what is wrong?

also. do the channel bans get removed after a while? I need the channel bans to be removed but the bot bans to be perm (to keep the channel ban list clean)

thanks for your help.
D
Darmoth
Master

Post by Darmoth »

<If i set a ban on my bot it only kicks users and does not set the channel ban. what is wrong? >

try .chanset channelname +enforcebans

<also. do the channel bans get removed after a while? I need the channel bans to be removed but the bot bans to be perm (to keep the channel ban list clean)>

read the eggdrop.conf carefully and watch out for dynamic-bans.
X
X-File
Voice

Post by X-File »

both enforce bans and dynamic bans are set to + gloably and for each channel in the conf file :(
D
Darmoth
Master

Post by Darmoth »

<both enforce bans and dynamic bans are set to + gloably and for each channel in the conf file >

Than the ban's should be removed after the specified time (in the conf). The bot will keep them in its internal banlist permanent. To set a temp ban, add the bantime.

If the bot just kick but don't set a ban and isn't removing the bans from the channel banlist, check out if you choose the right network txype in the conf.
X
X-File
Voice

Post by X-File »

# This setting is used only for info to share with others on your botnet.
# Set this to the IRC network your bot is connected to.
set network "ETG"

but that says it is only for info.

set ban-time 120

so in 120 minutes the bans will be removed. thanks i did not see this before :)

but my main problem is the bots not banning when a host matching its internal ban list joins the channel. it will only kick :( all the settings you told me to check are set right :(

someone told me in irc that they have this in a script for their eggdrop. but it is for version 1.1.5. i tried it in 1.6.15 and it still is only kicking people and not banning :(

here is the script

#################
#Kick/Ban Script#
#################

bind flud - * do_floods
proc do_floods {nick userhost handle type channel} {
putserv "MODE $channel +b $userhost"
if {$type == "join"} {
putserv "KICK $channel $nick :Boot! Now you can cycle my nuts"
}
return 1;
}
gumbydammit
Master

Post by gumbydammit »

check your max-bans max-modes or net-type settings.. sounds like your bot is reaching a limit of modes or thinks the banlist is full..
a.k.a. hellios
X
X-File
Voice

Post by X-File »

well i think i found the problem. my bots are in 2 channels. they set the bans in the channel that they say they are monitoring in the dcc chat. the same channel its always giving stats for. how can i change the channel its monitoring?

for example instead of the bots giving stat updates #channel1 in the dcc session i want it to give updates (and ban) in #channel2
X
X-File
Voice

Post by X-File »

for some reason its only setting bans in one of the channels the bots are in even though they are global bans :(

I have checked all the settings you guys have suggested to look at. Any other suggestions? :(
gumbydammit
Master

Post by gumbydammit »

how many bans are in that channel? perhaps the banlist is simply full
a.k.a. hellios
X
X-File
Voice

Post by X-File »

banlist was empty. I started from scratch. tripple checked all settings and now it seems to be working :roll: :mrgreen:

thanks all :D
j0n
Op

Post by j0n »

how about, you set a ban, bots kick user, user joins again because of the exemption list ?

+e