This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Free shell

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
d
dylan69

Free shell

Post by dylan69 »

can somone tell me from where can i get a free shell only to put a bnc please :D tahnkies
Rusher2K
Halfop

Post by Rusher2K »

Faq @ egghelp.org
Where can I get a free shell to run an Eggdrop?
At any given time, there are typically no shell providers I'm familiar with that offer Eggdrop shell accounts for free that you'd reasonably expect to get an account from on application. Eggdrops are a relatively resource-intensive, and they often attract denial of service attacks. A provider offering free shells for Eggdrop users would also attract a large number of abusive users. Therefore, offering free shells which allow Eggdrop would be detrimental any provider. A provider that does offer Eggdrop shells for free is either going to be very hard to get an account with, or will otherwise likely be unreliable, insecure, and probably won't be offering free accounts for long.

Although there are rarely providers offering free accounts, there are several ways people do get a shell account without paying a commercial shell provider - many have a friend with their own shell box and are given an account for free, and some people are involved in referral programs for shell providers and are rewarded with an account in return. Unfortunately, there are also more malicious users who break into servers and run their bots illegally or steal other peoples' credit card info and use it to buy a shell (giving Eggdrop an undeserved reputation as a malicious program).
]Kami[
Owner

Post by ]Kami[ »

Rusher2K
Halfop

Post by Rusher2K »

]Kami[ wrote:Try www.cyberunners.org
the shell is not free:
cyberunners wrote: I call it a donation and not a purchasing because I ask for 6 month what a cheap shell provider ask for one month. And with only 30 euro donation you can get a life shell.

5 Euro: 6 month shell 10 Euro: 12 month shell 30 Euro: Life shell
]Kami[
Owner

Post by ]Kami[ »

It is free for one month.
b
bobjuh
Master

Post by bobjuh »

]Kami[ wrote:It is free for one month.
Cyberunners wasn't just free for one month. If you signed up you got a shell with 30 days lifetime but you could get more days by solving riddles or be active on the forum helping people that's the way i got more days on my shell.

A while ago Dopamina changed the shell creation procedure. Now you have to send a comic to get a shell and there is no real need anymore for the riddles. You can register without the comic but you won't have shell acces a web account for the cyberunners forum.

You also could donate money or hardware for a shell for 3 moths, 6 moths or 12 months. I think a comic would be cheaper :P
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

Life shell? Who's life? :mrgreen: :P I haven't heard untill now such a thing.. seesh :mrgreen:
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
j0n
Op

Post by j0n »

shell for life... didn`t jeah.net have something like that? but they just killed your account after 3mo and [censored] you over lots of money? haha.
kazoo
Halfop

Post by kazoo »

haha
arcane
Master

Post by arcane »

well life shell: you get your shell as long as the shell lives ^^
for cyberunners: got my shell now from the beginning (several months ago) and it still works perfectly :)
aVote page back online!
Check out the most popular voting script for eggdrop bots.

Join the metal tavern!