This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Can't get rid of bot

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
G
Gumdrops

Can't get rid of bot

Post by Gumdrops »

I setup an eggdrop bot on my channel (#neds / quakenet) yesterday, and it was working fine. However, this morning i realized that i'd made quite a few mistakes in the config file, so i made a new one. But when i tried to ctcp to my bot, which was still on my channel, it wouldn't reply, and i didn't set up the vhost in the config do i couldn't telnet to it. So i decided to delete the user file on my shell and start it up again by typing ./eggdrop -m <config>. The bot started and joined my channel, however, the original bot is still in there, although it's not responding to anything, and when i kick it, it rejoins automatically.

Does anyone know how I can deactivate it? I could always just ban it.
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

find pid.x file, read it, use kill <pid> or RFTM
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
]Kami[
Owner

Post by ]Kami[ »

Or reboot pc, you could think about this even if you don't know anything bout eggdrops :mrgreen:
d
dollar
Op

Post by dollar »

]Kami[ wrote:Or reboot pc, you could think about this even if you don't know anything bout eggdrops :mrgreen:
... or drive over the box with a lawn mower or slap it with a big hammer or set it on fire ...
dollar (or something similar) at:
#eggdrop / #tcl - undernet
#egghelp / #tcl / #eggtcl - efnet
#eggdrop.support / #tcl - quakenet
#eggdrop - ircnet
G
Gumdrops

lol

Post by Gumdrops »

lol, good idea, but my bot's on a shell acount, so i can't reboot or run it over :-? and as for lookin in the pid. file there's only one entry which is the current -working- bot. (I deleted the pid when starting up the new bot)

and now ive also got ANOTHER bot that's appeared, now i can ctcp to this one and issue the .die command, but after about 15 minutes it comes back... so i've now got 3 bots; 1 that works fine, 1 that doesn't do anything and comes back to life when killed, and one that doesn't do anything and doesn't listen to me.

everything i know about eggdrop i learnt in one night, so that's not an awful lot... but i don't think my bots shud be multiplyin like this :o
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

just think of basic unix commands to find prozess ids like with the command ps.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

You have added the eggdrop startup thing in crontab so it's kinda normal this to hapen since you have deleted the .pid file. Try an "ps x" and see it's pid and kill it like kill -9 12345 (where 12345 is the actual pid).

Off topic..
It's not nice to mock this or any other guy just cos it's a newbie. Remember that you where like he is now and people didn't treated you like that. If you don't know an answer to it's question then let other persons to respond if knows. Thank you. :x
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
j0n
Op

Post by j0n »

crontab -l (to see what is crontabed)
crontab -d or -r (to remove the entry)