This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Bindings on sharing events

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
FIDe`
Voice

Bindings on sharing events

Post by FIDe` »

Hi all,
I'm trying to execute a proc when there's a sharing event from another bot, for example a remote "-user" from a linked and shared bot; but I really don't know how to trigger it, since there isn't any specific binding on userfile sharing events.. Could anyone give me an idea? Thank you :)
"An atom-blaster is a good weapon, but it can point both ways." - Salvor Hardin
O
Ofloo
Owner

Post by Ofloo »

normal from what i noticed sharing events take place when the bot link .. so maybe bind to the link event ..? also might check rcvd and sent and evnt maybe pre save .. and stuff .. check your eggdrop manual
XplaiN but think of me as stupid
FIDe`
Voice

Post by FIDe` »

I don't mean the linking bots userfile transfer stuff, I mean when an already linked and shared bot sends to all the botnet a command like "adduser $user", or "-user user" , or a password set command for an $user . I know the bind link , but I'm talking about an after-linking event
s
spock
Master

Post by spock »

you could write your own dcc:-user proc and use putbot/putallbots, and bind bot
photon?
FIDe`
Voice

Post by FIDe` »

It would be a good idea for an user-interface-level script, but I would like to write a lower level thing, something that works with raw botnet sharing messages. is there a bind like "bind raw" but that works for raw botnet messages? I looked to tcl-commands.doc but it seems there isn't nothing like it. "bind bot" does not work for botnet sharing messages. Thank you again
strikelight
Owner

Post by strikelight »

There is a patch by BarkerJr for the eggdrop1.6.x series that provides a raw-botnet binding....

see http://www.barkerjr.net/
FIDe`
Voice

Post by FIDe` »

thank you :) it's what I was looking for.