This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Best way to develop TCL-scripts?

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
Q
QKill
Voice

Best way to develop TCL-scripts?

Post by QKill »

Hi again,

lots of questions tonite :D

What is the best way to develop TCL-scripts for eggdrops, regarding tools, OS etc.

Im using my WinXP with PrimalScript editor to test TCL-syntax before i use them. Then i have two terminals to my linux (one with partyline login to rehash and one for the editor VI). Then i use mIRC on my XP to test things in the channels.

I find this very hard to work with... so does anyony have any good suggestions for tools/ways to develop tcl-scripts for eggdrop?

// Peter
GodOfSuicide
Master

Post by GodOfSuicide »

i prefer writing the scripts with pico/vi on the shell and testing them with a bunch of putlogs (eggdrop with .tcl from the partyline) or puts (tclsh) and allways on error i display the content of $errorInfo
m
makam
Voice

Post by makam »

Yeah, me too...
The same way.
--
Web: http://www.makam.org/
Chans: #Uruguay,#Hattricklatino@UnderNet
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

Yeah using putlogs is the best way to test a script which very big to check and is not working properly!

I would prefer some better editor than pico/vi. :roll:
Writing onto the shell using SSH (Putty, SecureCRT) is really what can I say a bit slow and the editors aren't that good. They don't give you much tools as you need! :wink:

Use editors such as MED, ASED, EditPlus (on Windows) they also check for simple syntax errors and are good at editing. :mrgreen:
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
GodOfSuicide
Master

Post by GodOfSuicide »

awyeah wrote:Writing onto the shell using SSH (Putty, SecureCRT) is really what can I say a bit slow and the editors aren't that good.
i mainly use them because i dont have to upload the files again every time i change them. The best way around that would be a "bridge" between your PC and the shell, if the local file changes send the changes (like with patch) to the shell...maybe one day i'll have the time to write something like that. But till then i'm just lazy as hell
KrzychuG
Master

Post by KrzychuG »

Maybe the best way to test it on Windows is to use Windrop and some nice editor like Med ;)
Btw, i'm searching for something like Med for Linux, or Tcl highlight file for Bluefish, anyone have it?
Que?
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

I test all TCL scripts on a Windrop and use EditPlus if needed to fix anything; after a few days testing I then upload. Maybe not everyone's cup of tea but at least the errors/bugs are ironed out before an eggie loads 'em. :)
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

Where do you upload them Alchera? :roll:
I haven't seen a single script of yours on egghelp.org! ;)
·­awyeah·

Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

I write for myself only although I have posted two I wrote on the Downloads section of my website. :)

I have even got 3 of yours there awyeah :wink:

Some I use are downloaded from various sources and if I come across a minor 'bug' I can fix then I fix LOL

I only use about 6 scripts apart from slennox' botnet script.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
]Kami[
Owner

Post by ]Kami[ »

KrzychuG wrote:Maybe the best way to test it on Windows is to use Windrop and some nice editor like Med ;)
Btw, i'm searching for something like Med for Linux, or Tcl highlight file for Bluefish, anyone have it?
Yeah, i make scripts in notepad and then i test them in windrop :P I dont wanna test them on my eggies because they fall if i make something wrong in script and i need to run them again :P
KrzychuG
Master

Post by KrzychuG »

Btw, don't use notepad, wordpad, word, those programs leaves ^M at the end of lines (sometimes there is a problem on BSD with files with ^M). It is better to use med or editplus and set it to UNIX mode :)
Que?
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

I always use MED for TCL.

It is:

[1] Simple
[2] Easy
[3] Has alot of functions
[4] Supports tcl, colored tags and etc etc.
·­awyeah·

KrzychuG
Master

Post by KrzychuG »

I always use MED for TCL.

It is:

[1] Simple
[2] Easy
[3] Has alot of functions
[4] Supports tcl, colored tags and etc etc.
I used it on Windows, editor is really great, much better than editplus for me, unfortunatelly i can't find it for Linux, chlip, chlip :(
Que?
GodOfSuicide
Master

Post by GodOfSuicide »

]Kami[ wrote:Yeah, i make scripts in notepad and then i test them in windrop :P I dont wanna test them on my eggies because they fall if i make something wrong in script and i need to run them again :P
why? load them with .tcl and you see if there is an error-msg, but the bot doesnt stop.

i have 3 bots i just use for testing, when they are stable i forward them to the others
droolin
Halfop

Post by droolin »

Im lucky, I have a unix box running at my house along with my windows box. I have the unix box networked so that I can use textpad to edit the script as I work on it, save it directly to the eggdrop script directory. Then I run a telent secession as im testing so that I can catch the syntex errors. I usualy use privmsg to a test channel when Im verifying that my variables contain what I think they should. The same thing with regard to following the flow of logic to insure that my condition statements and procedures are being executed the way I think they should

MED for TCL hu? I've been looking for a tcl editor

thanks
droolin