This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

MySQL Quote Database script problem, need help

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
3zzy
Halfop

MySQL Quote Database script problem, need help

Post by 3zzy »

I installed this script: http://www.grogg.org/eggdrop/quote/quote-2.5.tgz I set it up to use a remote mysql table, since my shell does not support mysql. Now, it works fine, exept for the fact that any command only works on the second time. For example, I try to add a quote with "!put test". I get the following error in the partyline: "Tcl error [put_quote]: mysqluse/db server: Lost connection to MySQL server during query". Then I try to add the quote again and it works fine. The problem occurs with the other commands as well. What can possibly be wrong?
3zzy
Halfop

Post by 3zzy »

oh come on people, didn't anyone here ever work with mysql? this just freaks out all my users who have to enter !quote twice to see a random quote! :(
g
greenbear
Owner

Post by greenbear »

Fix your connection so it doesn't disconnect.
3zzy
Halfop

Post by 3zzy »

you no matter what command i use, no matter how big is the delay between the commands - it only works every second time. how come?