This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

looking for a onjoin version check script for banning

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
S
SmokeyOne
Halfop

looking for a onjoin version check script for banning

Post by SmokeyOne »

I checked all over the search engine here and couldn't find anything, went to google, went on the archive here and I still can't find anything.

what I'm looking for is a onjoin version reply banner or ban someone for being in too many channels "detecting bottlers, xdcc catcher" stuff like that. Maybe there is one out like that maybe not. This seems to be the best place to ask these types of questions.

thanks
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

correct me if I am mistaken... you seem to be looking for a script that will run a /whois on everyone upon joining your channel, and ban them according to some mysterious specs of your own. You cannot have possibly searched the tcl archives for very long, it took me less than 1 minute to locate multiple versions of 'bad chan' scripts... :o did i miss something?
m
metroid
Owner

Post by metroid »

Don't get off the subject Yoohoo, he's talking about ctcp reply, not bad chan :p
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

MeTroiD wrote:Don't get off the subject Yoohoo, he's talking about ctcp reply, not bad chan :p
okie dokie :mrgreen: the point is still valid, i got 20 returns from my search in the archives for 'ctcp' :wink: