This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

ok, im ready

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

Kirenet boxes have highloads; yet by having their own shell review sites its not good to justify them as lame. This is all monopoly for advertising.

I've used kirenet for 6 months they are good. Lomag are good to but they didn't let my eggdrop up if it used 1% or more cpu. Because my eggdrop was eating alot of memory due to alot of tcl scripts it had loaded. Lomag was stable, it has the most greatest uptimes I currently know.

Judging a shell provider by saying they review their own website is not totally true. I have never been to these websites, neither I read reviews as there are always good and bad patches and people might experience at different times.
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
==================================
m
mopar
Halfop

Post by mopar »

Well my 2 cents about kire as i am a customer there is that they do have a rather good service. BUT they are rather expensive and for a expensive shell you would like better support and perhaps faster servers. All their servers but Turbo is rather old today and it shows on load figures. They are also rather sensitive to ddos, why i don't really know..
They used to have a rather good support on IRC but that has been crappy since about a year. I have been trying to get an answer about why one of their vhosts wount resolve for about 6 months without any luck.
All in all I was about to drop them, but before i came around to it i had autorenewed for another 6 months... did i get any mail about this you wonder... hell no.

Kire is good, but they used to be better. Today there is several better providers than them.

/mopar
It's never to late to give up..
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

I've removed the PR concoctions referred to above from the shell section of the links page as well as some expired links. Not many left now; perhaps people can suggest some new ones :)
r
rabb1d
Halfop

Post by rabb1d »

sounds like a good idea :lol:
r
rabb1d
Halfop

Post by rabb1d »

awyeah wrote:Here are the top #5. Listed with respect to their positions.

1. Kirenet
2. Lomag
3. Unixrules
4. Risingnet
5. Jeah

is this the same person that said :
awyeah wrote:I agree with rmm for Kirenet.

I have had lots of problems.

- Their uptime sucks.
- Their support sucks.
- Their prices are damn sky high, and services are not upto standard.
- They kill my proccess just cause my eggies have 300kb+ tcls and it ate alot of their cpu usage.

You suck Erik!
Yet in this post hes recomending them as his #1 pick ?
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

awyeah wrote:I've used kirenet for 6 months they are good.
Seems something happened recently. :P
awyeah wrote:- They kill my proccess just cause my eggies have 300kb+ tcls and it ate alot of their cpu usage.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
r
rabb1d
Halfop

Post by rabb1d »

maybe he started dating erik :lol:
or is on staff at kire