This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

NAT-IP Help

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
S
SSF2
Voice

NAT-IP Help

Post by SSF2 »

Hi,

I need to have NAT-IP enabled to get my userfile sharing to work correctly. I have specified the main internet IP and all the bots linked and shared the userfile like they are supposed to. My problem is I have a dynamic IP not a fixed one and was wondering if there is a workaround so I will not need to keep changing the config file everytime my IP changes. I have got a DNS name from NO-IP as well and the router is updating their servers to keep it uptodate with my current IP. I was thinking maybe a TCL script would be possible? Any help would be appreciated. This is my last little problem then my BotNet will link 100%. Thanks to all that have helped throughout my previos posts as I wouldn't be at this stage now.

Paul.
O
Ofloo
Owner

Post by Ofloo »

i think you can set my-hostname or something read the config file also if your on nat ip try and bind to the lan ip ..? if you don't got one use localhost .. its explained in config file i remember reading something about it in there.
XplaiN but think of me as stupid
S
SSF2
Voice

Post by SSF2 »

Hi Ofloo,

thanks for the info. We created a TCL script to get my internet IP and have that update my NAT-IP and everythings working like a charm :) Been adding NetBots 4.09 to my bots and thats a great collection of scripts. Thanks for all the help.

Paul.
r
ratman
Voice

Post by ratman »

SSF2 wrote:Hi Ofloo,

thanks for the info. We created a TCL script to get my internet IP and have that update my NAT-IP and everythings working like a charm :) Been adding NetBots 4.09 to my bots and thats a great collection of scripts. Thanks for all the help.

Paul.
You should submit that script to the site! Others may find it useful :)
Securityarsenal IRC Administrator

irc.homecomputersecurity.net:6667-7000
Website
S
SSF2
Voice

Post by SSF2 »

Sorry for the lack of updates

I will submit the script for others if they still need it and would find it useful
m
mort3n
Voice

help

Post by mort3n »

I would find it VERY usefull, so please submit it, or give me some place i could download it from..

I have the same problem as you had, and i realy need that script! :)
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

you may find this helper proc useful:

Code: Select all

proc get-nat-ip {} {
  set f [open "|/sbin/ifconfig -a"]
  while {![eof $f]} {lappend x [gets $f]}
  close $f
  foreach line $x {
    if [string match "*inet *" $line] {
      set ip [lindex [split [string trim $line]] 1]