This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Notemodule: Notes are not supported by this bot.

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
S
SIYB
Voice

Notemodule: Notes are not supported by this bot.

Post by SIYB »

hi,
sorry if this question came up before, i couldn't find anythin using search.
i gotta problem with the notemodule. it is loaded and notes can be send to users which are on the partyline. but whenever i try to send a note either from an irc channel or from the partyline, when the user i send the note to is offline, the bot responds with the following:

Notes are not supported by this bot.

Botversion: eggdrop v1.6.16+hpux

By the way: the eggdrop runs on its own partiton on my harddrive (NTFS+compressed). might this be an issue? my bot had problems writing files recently (after compresing the drive).

greez siyb
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

eeeeek why on earth did you compress your drive.

MS should remove that damn program it just breaks everything.

That will most deffinately be your problem. :cry:
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
S
SIYB
Voice

Post by SIYB »

hehe thought so :>. if anyone comes up with another idea besides the compression thing tell me. bot has been running for 50 days on my homeserver. don't wanna kill it if there is a better way.

SIYB
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

The notes module has been around since the year dot and I personally have never had any problems with it. I cant see it being anything else to be honest . Let us know if you get it working again I am intrigued to know if it is the compressions fault..

Cheers :wink:
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

what is eggdrop v1.6.16+hpux?

eggdrop with HP-UX patch?

if so, how did you manage to run an eggdrop for HP-UX (Hewlett-Packard's UNIX) on Windows? ;)
S
SIYB
Voice

Post by SIYB »

in fact i am running windrop. when i type .status, this is what it tells me about my "eggdrop" version. i am not an eggdrop pro (and i am not interested in version numbers^^), i supplied the number in order to get more help. but thanks for telling me that i am running a unix application on winNT :>.

no serious, must be a bug or something :/. you can check the partyline if you think that i am talking c*ap.

greez SIYB

/edit decompressed the drive, still doesn't work
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

I have only ever compressed a drive once in my time and it broke almost everything. When I uncompressed it again everything was still broken. Why MS still distribute that POS I do not know. :evil:
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

you haven't defined notefile in your config
S
SIYB
Voice

Post by SIYB »

you are right :). i was sure that i did... anyway thx a lot, perhaps u figure out the version thing as well :>

siyb
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

That would also do it lol :lol:
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

I wouldn't recommend getting windrop from anywhere else than the official site, windrop.sf.net; you never know what they have built in that .exe... could be anything - virus, trojan, spyware
S
SIYB
Voice

Post by SIYB »

got it from:

http://windrop.sourceforge.net/downloads.html

hmm i will try reinstall or sumthing, this versionerror is something i don't really care about atm.