This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Problem with eggdrop and UID (New feature in IRCnet)

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
t
tsukeh
Voice

Problem with eggdrop and UID (New feature in IRCnet)

Post by tsukeh »

When my egg is using UID nick it does not work properly.
Commands like botisop and botonchan return always 0 even if bot has really op on channels / is in channels.

Any way to fix this?

http://ircnet.irchelp.org/211.html
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

I see your problem yes. In that page you posted you can join with the nick 0 if you wish and 0 in all programming languages means false. If your bot changes nick from its UID does it work properly again?
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
KrzychuG
Master

Post by KrzychuG »

Hmm, weird, it works fine for me in Evangeline 1.1.0:
.tcl set nick 0
[12:16:46] * IRC NICK CHANGE: Remove -> 0
Tcl: 0
[12:16:47] Nickname changed to '616PACI2Z'???

.tcl botisop #evangeline
Tcl: 1

.tcl botisop

.tcl botonchan #evangeline

.tcl set botnick
Tcl: 616PACI2Z
Btw, Eggdrop will flood on party-line a little and will try to change it's nickname to 0 instead of UID, Evangeline won't do that ;)
Last edited by KrzychuG on Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Que?
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

I wonder if the IRCNet guys intentionally did that to screw up the bots :wink:

IIRC Ircnet operate a no bot policy.
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
KrzychuG
Master

Post by KrzychuG »

^DooM^ wrote:I wonder if the IRCNet guys intentionally did that to screw up the bots :wink:

IIRC Ircnet operate a no bot policy.
Screw up? Why? It works without any problem with a little code modification in Eggdrop source code ;) It is worse with SID and CIDR banning, but future ircd versions should allow to check proper SID and user IP on WHO.
Que?
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

This also happens with my bot, although it is for a small interval of time. When my bot joins a channel and is opped by ChanServ if you try to check if it is op or not via .tcl in partyline it will show an output of '0' immediately.

But if you do it again say after 8-10 secs or greater eventually, the same .tcl botisop will show an output of '1'. Probobaly because the bot is under stress, after joining a channel (does a /who) or takes time to synch, however it is not lagging.
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
KrzychuG
Master

Post by KrzychuG »

I haven't noticed any problems with my Eggdrop modification yet. UIDs works fine, right now i'm testing enforcing bans on CIDR and SID. That's pain in ass and lag bot a little, especially getting SID for evey channel member. I wonder if shell admins will be pissed off about thousenths of DNS replies in a short ammount of time ;)
Que?
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

As we know IRCd's are the worst examples of internet security. And eggdrops are the best targets of denial of service attacks. Does all this make sense? :P
·­awyeah·

Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
KrzychuG
Master

Post by KrzychuG »

awyeah wrote:As we know IRCd's are the worst examples of internet security. And eggdrops are the best targets of denial of service attacks. Does all this make sense? :P
First of all i'm doing it for myself. That was my original plan. Few days later i decided to publicy my botpack (it is quite popular on IRCnet). Right now i'm trying to be on time and i've got some fun with it too. Those fatures were actually requested by some IRCnet ircop too ;)
Que?