This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Ping Timeout

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
D
DeeJay
Voice

Ping Timeout

Post by DeeJay »

hello ppl ,

in dcc i become allways this "Warning: over maximum server queue!" msg and then an ping timeout .
there is only an postbot.tcl running.
what can i do?

sry 4 my stupid english
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

does this happen when postbot.tcl is not loaded?
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
YooHoo
Owner

Re: Ping Timeout

Post by YooHoo »

DeeJay wrote:hello ppl ,

in dcc i become allways this "Warning: over maximum server queue!" msg and then an ping timeout .
there is only an postbot.tcl running.
what can i do?

sry 4 my stupid english
what do you have set here?
set servlimit
what does postbot.tcl do? I looked for myself, by my German is a tad rusty...?
:wink:
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

I suggest you ease your tcl scripts queing mechanism and use a slower queue such as puthelp or the normal putserv. Or you can clear the also queue if it gets over a certain limit. See tcl-commands.doc.
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
==================================
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

If your quit messages for others is "max sendQ exceeded" then you are having bandwidth problems. This error is caused when the IRC server has to many waiting TCP replys "yeah I got it" open meaning your bot answers to slow the incoming packats from IRC. This is usually caused by (D)DoS attacks from or to the server your are using or serious routing problems. This could also hapen if your bot runs really really really really very very very slow (that would probably be caused again by abusing other users on the shell ^^).

ah, sry, just read you are getting ping timeout... perhaps the problem is similar anyway.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...