This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

.conf & Logs..

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
L
Longbow
Voice

.conf & Logs..

Post by Longbow »

2 Problems...

1. I have set the global flood in the .conf to 10:10, however it is still kicking on 5:5, which I used to have it at, it's also ignore the +dontkickops.

2. My logs aren't making a new line, they just continue on, and there's a rectangle (like the ctrl+b in mirc) where the new line should be.

It used to create new lines, half of my logs are new lines, the other half are in 1 big block of text.
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

Im not sure about Q2, but as for Q1 try to check if you have a local channel setting for chan-flood for your specific channel which would be 5:5, which can override the global setting (if set). If it's set correct it or comment it out.

As far as the +dontkickops is concerned alot of people think +dontkickops makes the bot exempt all current @'s (ops) in a channel. This is untrue, only the people/users who are added in the bot with a "o" local|global flag are exempted by this feature. This has nothing todo if the user is opped on a channel or not, only if the user has an op flag in the bot's user file then the bot will react accordingly.

If you want to ignore channel ops you can use something like this in tcl:

Code: Select all

if {[isop $nick $chan]} { return }
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
L
Longbow
Voice

Post by Longbow »

awyeah wrote:As far as the +dontkickops is concerned alot of people think +dontkickops makes the bot exempt all current @'s (ops) in a channel. This is untrue, only the people/users who are added in the bot with a "o" local|global flag are exempted by this feature. This has nothing todo if the user is opped on a channel or not, only if the user has an op flag in the bot's user file then the bot will react accordingly.
Ah, thanks for clearing that up. That actually works out better as the network i'm on has differen't levels of Op's, so I can set who I want it to ignore.

But for question 2...?

Could it be my log file is getting too big? As it doesn't create a new log every 24hours, it just continues as I run PISG (html stats page).
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

I'm not sure about that. A good reason I've never made my bot log any #channels or chats, as I have no use for it, hence I don't have any idea about the log formatting.

I would suggest you trying different text editors, (windows notepad's formatting is really bad), try wordpad if that doesn't do it try some other software such for editing text as MED, ASED, EditPlus 2 etc.
·­awyeah·

YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

slennox wrote: - Don't fiddle too much with the seconds field in the flood settings, as it can reduce the effectiveness of the script. The seconds field should set in the 20-60 seconds range.
seems to me that any flood setting set to 5:5 or even 10:10 will be ineffectual, or probably not produce the desired result. :mrgreen:
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

Yeah it could be true. Although I use all my sentinel settings < 10, and those even for largely populated channels. Mine work fine for me, but still they need to be fine tuned so you can't just use any setting less than 10 secs.
·­awyeah·

L
Longbow
Voice

Post by Longbow »

Yeh, works when I open in wordpad, just weird how the text editor I was using has half of it normal, and the other part totally screw up.
seems to me that any flood setting set to 5:5 or even 10:10 will be ineffectual, or probably not produce the desired result.
Oh yeh, fair enough, fixes that too :P

Thanks again.
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

a word of advice...... I wouldn't rely upon Wordpad (or Word either) to edit your various shell scripts, as these will warp your lines sometimes, and that'll screw yer scripts up... I recommend using EditPlus, shareware ain't never looked so good!
:mrgreen:
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

Q2 is easy to answer... eggdrop saves logs in Unix format, Notpad expects DOS format... so you ask the diffrence? easy to tell again, Unix is using \n to make a new line, and DOS/Windows uses \n\r (you see, 1 character more). You ask why? Dont ask me, ask Bill Gates, he's the [insert insult] inventor of this :D (probably he was unable to move the cursor 1 line down AND back to collum 1 just in 1 command).
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...