This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

HI Can we combine different Tcl scripts in one file???

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
B
Bingooss
Voice

HI Can we combine different Tcl scripts in one file???

Post by Bingooss »

Hi

I want to ask one thing , i use 8,9 tcl scripts on my eggdrop, but one of my friend told me that if we put all those scripts in one file and load that file for eggdrop , the eggdrop is more quicker and faster, i tried that and combined all the scripts in one file, by simply copy pasting all the scripts, but when i run that file, that file was properly loaded in the eggdrop ,but few of the scripts stopped working. Can anyone of you tell me, is this way suitable, and if it is suitable what can be the reason for few scripts that they stopped working. Waiting for a reply from experts..

Regards...

Bingooss
O
Ofloo
Owner

Re: HI Can we combine different Tcl scripts in one file???

Post by Ofloo »

Bingooss wrote:Hi

I want to ask one thing , i use 8,9 tcl scripts on my eggdrop, but one of my friend told me that if we put all those scripts in one file and load that file for eggdrop , the eggdrop is more quicker and faster, i tried that and combined all the scripts in one file, by simply copy pasting all the scripts, but when i run that file, that file was properly loaded in the eggdrop ,but few of the scripts stopped working. Can anyone of you tell me, is this way suitable, and if it is suitable what can be the reason for few scripts that they stopped working. Waiting for a reply from experts..

Regards...

Bingooss
this is not true depends only on the efficientie of the script. how can the same code be faster using one file instead of more, it doesn't matter it might load a bit faster but nothing that you would notice i suppose, just leave the scripts as they are and tell your friend when he gives advice that he should be sur what he is talking about or you that you understand it right...

alll that this could accomplish is that it loads quicker in te beginning but thats it and where talking microseconds not something noticable..

unless you rewrite code and make it more efficient, the scripts will never run any faster as they allready do !!, ok if you talk hardware and so on but still ..
XplaiN but think of me as stupid
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

I don't think it'd be faster if you load the scripts all in one file, I think it's the same. You can also paste the scripts directly into you conf file and they all should work properly. But there's no need to do that in my opinion.
B
Bingooss
Voice

Post by Bingooss »

Thanks for the guidance...
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

You can combine 1000 scripts into 1 file or as many as you like since TCL is just a piece of clear text code. You can also load them into the .conf file anywhere, probobaly at the bottom, since it serves the same purpose.

I have around 500kb tcls, so its easy for me if I have all combined in one file (which I use), If I want to edit something in a script I open my huge tcl script file and save or download it edit it and save, rather than editing each invidually. With this I can edit other scripts at the same time which might be clashing if I editied another.

Doesn't make your bot much faster, however if you have more scripts loaded the ones loaded first would in my case probobaly be reacting first, I mean the binds, but that is in say micro or milli-seconds and we can neglect those.
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
==================================