This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Sentinel

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
J
JensB
Voice

Post by JensB »

Hi

Can I set different sentinel settings for different channels ?

If so, how?

(and if this is easily readable in the docs, I apologise)
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

It isn't possible. A new FAQ has been added to answer this question:

http://www.egghelp.org/faq.shtml#206
J
JensB
Voice

Post by JensB »

thnx for the answer m8 ..

and keep up the good work :smile:
j
jestrix

Post by jestrix »

Given that, I'd have to hear enough real-world examples of where such a setting would be needed before I implement it.
the only problem i've experienced with sentinel is on site channels, game server channels, etc where an announce bot is configured to display messages with lots of control codes: bold, underline, color, etc.

On a busy channel, and especially if there is more than one of these announcebots, an avalanche/tsunami flood is triggered.

it's been a while since any of my bots have been on such a channel, so i don't recall if +v for the offending bot(s) worked....
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

I'd probably suggest using a less sensitive setting (even though, in such a channel, lag could still trigger it) and/or increasing the sl_tsunami setting. The latter isn't effective for avalanche floods but that won't matter in the future since avalanche detection has been removed.

Voiced nicks aren't exempt from the detection mechanisms (only opped nicks are). Making them so would require a new setting and associated description, new global variable and an additional pair of if checks triggered on every event. So I'm anal about adding it.