This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

automessage by bot

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
c
coolio2004
Halfop

automessage by bot

Post by coolio2004 »

hey guys, how can i stop my bot from automatically sending a message saying "welcome to the channel" (something along those lines) when a user joins the channel each time?? i want it to completely stop for every single channel, thanks.
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

You have a script running somewhere that is doing welcome to the channel. Find it remove it and .restart your bot. Eggdrop does not do that by default.
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
c
coolio2004
Halfop

Post by coolio2004 »

oh ......crap now i regret putting in so many scripts :)
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

Whilst on your bots partyline type

Code: Select all

.binds
look for a join bind and see what the procedure it is calling. That should help you locate it a little easier.
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
c
coolio2004
Halfop

Post by coolio2004 »

well that script is in my lol.tcl script (channel admin script) ....which i really wanted to use ...im looking through the actual script and it has written all over
puthelp "NOTICE $nick :\037Welcome to $chan $nick !!!"
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

you can safely delete all the lines in the script that say puthelp "NOTICE $nick :\037Welcome to $chan $nick !!!"
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

coolio2004 wrote:oh ......crap now i regret putting in so many scripts :)
A good bot should have the least number of scripts. Remember only load scripts which your REALLY NEED and which your REALLY USE. There is no point in loading 20 tcls, out of which you use 5, because the extra one just eat the bot up, would make it slow and saturate its memory and would be redundant.
you can safely delete all the lines in the script that say puthelp "NOTICE $nick :\037Welcome to $chan $nick !!!"
Or you can just comment out the line which has the puthelp NOTICE thing in it, by adding an "#" infront of it. So the bot would ignore that line as a comment and would carry on with the procedure after that line.
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
==================================