This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Can anyone help me in Making Small Script

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
B
Bingooss
Voice

Can anyone help me in Making Small Script

Post by Bingooss »

Hello Friends

Can Anyhow of u help me in Making A small script. I want that when there is alot of nicks join the channel for flooding , like there is join Flood in the channel. 3 or more nicks joining the channel in 1 second, the bot should set the channel to +MR for some time, and after that it should make it -MR

Hope that anyone of u will do it for me ;)
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

Did you check the archive? Did you try and make this script yourself? Does this look like a script making service? If you have any problems whilst trying to make the script yourself ask for help we will gladly point you in the right direction.

[SideNote for Mods] This is becoming a regular occurance people asking for complete scripts I think the rules should be updated to make a point about the fact we are not here to code scripts for everyone who just cannot be bothered to research and put time and effort into building one themselves.
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

..and this is not the first time Bingooss has asked for a script being written for him. They just get more annoying daily.
^DooM^ wrote:I think the rules should be updated ...
And one assumes that the rules are ever read in the first place?
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

Thats a damn good point Alchera.

Maybe before they are allowed to signup on here they can be directed to the rules and have to aknowledge reading them before they can continue then if they break those rules their accounts are removed? I know that sounds a bit harsh but something has to be done in my opinion. :roll: It just seems like every day now theres a new user signing up asking for a script and if they are lucky enough to be sorted out they are never heard from again.
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
awyeah
Revered One

Re: Can anyone help me in Making Small Script

Post by awyeah »

Bingooss wrote:Hello Friends

Can Anyhow of u help me in Making A small script. I want that when there is alot of nicks join the channel for flooding , like there is join Flood in the channel. 3 or more nicks joining the channel in 1 second, the bot should set the channel to +MR for some time, and after that it should make it -MR

Hope that anyone of u will do it for me ;)
There is a small variable in the .conf file named "flood-nick" you might want to use that it can do the same as you would want it todo.

These functions are coded in C, so they are definately better than tcls, I might say. As for the locking bit you can bind flud, and check for nick flud, then put a lock on the channel.

You might not want todo this for all people who join in a channel only (its useless esp splits and etc). Only If one or more ips join very fasy in very less amount of time in a channel.
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
==================================
C
CosmicD
Op

Post by CosmicD »

h,, some people (like me) just don't have a head for programming.... I only have limited understanding . When i see the structure of a working tcl in front of me i could trace some stuff to change but the structure and terminology of any programming language is far too obscure and illogical for me to understand so i'm kinda glad i can get bits of programming of this site :)
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

CosmicD wrote:h,, some people (like me) just don't have a head for programming.... I only have limited understanding . When i see the structure of a working tcl in front of me i could trace some stuff to change but the structure and terminology of any programming language is far too obscure and illogical for me to understand so i'm kinda glad i can get bits of programming of this site :)
Thats fair enough Cosmic at least you try and attempt to have a go yourself and know how to use the search function on here. Its people like bingoos that just come in ask for a script and get the arse when noone writes it for them. This guy here asked for a huge script the other day when he already had a working version only it was written in mirc script. It is to me getting beyond a joke. If the people that come here cant be arsed to at least attempt the job themselves then I for one have no time for them.
B
Bingooss
Voice

Post by Bingooss »

Awyeah once Again showed, that he is the Cool minded and mature person, and if others peoples have some problem if the peoples request here for tcl scripts, they should simply ignore this post, and if they cant do and they want to remove the person account who posted such kind of post ,never mind they can do so. But then what the use of such forum if we cant discuss everything related to TCL.

I think we are here to help each other, and save each other time, definately TCl language is not difficult, and If someone know C/C++ its not much difficult for him, and i know C/C++, but the main thing is time, if u get time u can learn alot of things, but forums are made to help each other and save each other time,share each other experience, not for the purpose of criticizing each other topics.

Anyhow Awyeah Keep it Up,

Regards..

Bingooss.