This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

awyeah..

Website and forum-related announcements and discussion, and anything else that doesn't fit in the above forums.
^DooM^
Owner

awyeah..

Post by ^DooM^ »

Congrats on your 1000th post awyeah :wink:
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Congrats awyeah, will I be next ? 8)
user

Post by user »

Congratulations!

For your next 1000 posts i'd like to see:
  • - Less redundant posts
    - Less off-topic/senseless rambling
    - Less misleading/plain wrong answers
:idea: Taking some more time to read all the posts in a thread before posting would be a good idea
Have you ever read "The Manual"?
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

Thanks, lol. :)

In most of them you'll find me being yelled at by other pro's such as user. But then again I guess it increases my knowledge. :roll:

A year ago I didn't know what tcl was. I never learned it myself, just got the hang of it within a few months. I started myself, just knew the basics of languages like C, syntaxes, structures etc. A year ago I used to ask help on forums, "please help me how to do this, please make this script for me", and now I get emails, privmsgs on forums, on irc etc from newbies saying the same to me.

I wanted my eggdrop to be different (as is use my own scripts) hence I used to open up notepad and first started to modify small pieces of codes, scripts, I used to download from the web. When I got the idea, I tried to improve it and put new idea's into it, generally leading towards new scripts and so on. Never really looked at this from a work point of view, just as a hobby. My major is not even near computers or any computing language. :)

* awyeah still canot master regular expressions

Now I atleast know that I can create some working code, not the best, not the most efficient but it would work someway or not, heh after hell alot of debugging and tweaking. I guess, I would still like to help apart from being busy. Also would try to create more scripts for the public and release them in the future (currently have don't know how many pending!). My general knowledge about eggdrops isn't good as others, (never went through the source code even) but hope it increases as time passes. People learn from experience.

Lastly as for the 1000th post, I've gained alot of knowledge regarding tcl over the past year, especially with the help of this forum and also because of the interaction with the users in here. I don't say a person with 1000 posts can be considered a pro, it just shows how much time and energy you devote. Some pro's I've seen very seldomly post, but this doesn't mean there not considered good of having less posts to their profile.

Thanks for all your support, and help, love ya guys!
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
==================================
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

awyeah (and others) please do remember that important is the quality, not how many posts you have and definitly not an competition for who got the highest number of posts. Whatever you got to say stick on topic!

Ps: Congrats. :P
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
Linux
Halfop

Post by Linux »

Sir_Fz wrote:Congrats awyeah, will I be next ? 8)
here you go..
Congrats :)
I'm an idiot, At least this one [bug] took about 5 minutes to find...