This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Im newbie help me how to make whatever it takes...

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
G

Post by Guest »

Can ur guys help me with this.
im a newbie so it hard for me to get started.
i want to try to make an bot...
help me plz!!!:);):D
G
GTM
Voice

Post by GTM »

GTM@EFnet
P
PiraYa-

Post by PiraYa- »

"Make a bot"?
You cant make a bot...u gotta have a eggdrop shell...
w
waldtraut

Post by waldtraut »

of course you can make a bot!

there is ./Makefile, so you can make it.

-> anyway, it is clear which user is real newbie and which just used the wrong words. so, when you see some newbie, why don't you help him/her instead of repeatedly showing them you have more knowledge (supposedly)?

there are many setup-guides for eggdrops allover the net. in my repeated supports for people wanting to install bots, i learned that it is very important to read much. i know, people don't want this. but if you got your bot started and then ask something like "how can i get op now?", you've wasted any chance to receive further support. so first read as much as you can, then try to do it alone. if you don't get it, ask specific questions, and always tell one who wants to help, why it doesn't work the way it's supposed to (error messages, outer influences, moon-phasis, etc...). you get the point.

sebastian
@#hagen on IRCnet
E
EcoSpliff

Post by EcoSpliff »

If u want help "making" the eggdrop, come to #toxic on irc.icq.com - I'll try and run through it all with you :smile:

And i agree about helping newbies and not flaming them.. I was there not too long ago
S
Serene

Post by Serene »

Hello folks ,

I too am very new to all of this ,,
Recently a group of us lay folk began a non profit forum with a domain ,, website,, message boards and a chat room on universechat ,,
I have been trying to find an egg drop bot that can sit in the chat room to keep it open ,, but once finding these i ran into the info that I would then need a shell ,,
unfortunately for us money is always an issue ,, i know for most it isnt but here it is ,, and i need information on reliable free shell(s) that would serve our purpose to use a bot in our chat room

I would appreciate sincere advice ,, in simple terms ,, I certainly am not a tech person by any means ,, took me forever to even get the gist of vbulletin lol ,,

thank you in advance
Serene
Site Administrator for
http://www.heart2hearthome.org
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

A simple search on this topic in the forum would have given you the answer.

You will not get anybody telling you about reliable free shells, as this will be the biggest mistake they make.

Once it becomes public knowledge that a provider is free, they will be flooded with sign-up requests. This ssudden influx of sign-ups itself maybe a reason to close down the shell. It is likely though, that once these users have access, the quality that used to exist will suddenly drop off the planet.

The best sugestion would be to keep searching yourself.

There aint no such thing as a free lunch.