This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Time warp

Website and forum-related announcements and discussion, and anything else that doesn't fit in the above forums.
slennox
Owner

Time warp

Post by slennox »

egghelp.org had to be moved to a new server as the previous server it was on was cracked and wiped clean. Unfortunately, the backup (which happened to be on the same machine) got corrupted, and the most recent backup of the forum I have is from 20 March, so we're in a bit of a time warp. Posts made after 20 March have obviously disappeared, and any new accounts created since that date will also be missing as will changes to existing users' profiles. Hope noone lost any important posts.

The forum is now being hosted separately from the main site, so that in future, if one goes down for whatever reason, the other is still available. As usual with forum reinstallations, I'll be reinstalling the mods in the next few days. Please let me know if you experience any problems either with the forum or the main site.

P.S. Users are advised to change their existing passwords as their security is uncertain. Also, my e-mail address has changed--please visit the contact page to see it.
Last edited by slennox on Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

hmm, after changing the password and restarting mozilla it didn't use the permanent cookie any more, only the session cookie. However, after I deleted the "double" entry of the cookie for (point is no misstake ->) ".forum.egghelp.org", it loaded the cookie for "forum.egghelp.org" again, strange thing ^-^.

Its a pity the forum had to move under such circumstances, but I am glad its back up ^^.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
Linux
Halfop

Post by Linux »

i've notced that few posts & topics are'nt recovered after shifting the database from one server to another, anyway... Welcome Back :)
I'm an idiot, At least this one [bug] took about 5 minutes to find...
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

hmm, bbcode seems to nolonger work in signatures?! from the display next to the signature it should be allowed @_o.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus@QuakeNet, De_Kus@EuIRCnet

its even working in the preview of topics, only when you actually view the topic the signature leaks bbcode support ^^.
code seems to be fine as well, it works as quote, too :D.
De Kus
Linux
Halfop

Post by Linux »

2 in 1 ? heh.. enjoy :wink:
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

strange, now they are displayed again, wired ^-^
De Kus
Linux
Halfop

Post by Linux »

thats called "slennox's magic" 8)