This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

scripts not work

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
X
XPFTP
Voice

scripts not work

Post by XPFTP »

hello.. iam new to all this and tcl's .. but one thing i have had a issue with is this.. out of maybe 30 scripts adn most of them from the eggdrop site for windrop.. dont work.... is there any thing i may need to know ahead of time or errors or whatever ... iam lost .. doing a /map here lol
Linux
Halfop

Post by Linux »

REPLY Of Your Question Part.1
First you ask that Where can I find some good scripts?
The best places to look for useful scripts are at http://www.egghelp.org/tcl.htm or http://www.tclscript.com ! you can even search for scripts at both those sites.
Many other scripts are available on the EggHeads FTP site in the 1.* directories. The directory numbers refer to the version of Eggdrop/Windrop that the scripts were created for.

REPLY Of Your Question Part.2
How can I add scripts to my Windrop?
Unpack the script with a utility like Winzip, most scripts are compressed with gzip (They have a .gz file extension).
Open the script with a text editor (Don't use notepad!) and choose the settings you want.
Move the script(s) to the scripts directory of your Windrop and add the following line to the end of your config file:

Code: Select all

source scripts/script.tcl
Where script.tcl is the filename of the script
Then either .rehash or .restart bot via dcc chat/telnet or /msg bot rehash password

REPLY Of Your Question Part.3
Why do some scripts fail to work with Windrop?
Any script that uses Unix specific commands will not work with Windrops since the commands aren't available under Windows
Many older scripts no longer work with recent version(s) of Windrop due to changes made in the code. Sometimes using the built in compatibility script will help. Add the following command to the start of the scripts section of your config file if it isn't already there:

Code: Select all

source scripts/compat.tcl
Still, if you are not satisfied then make tcl of your own.

How can I create Tcl scripts for Windrop?
The tcl-commands.doc file in the doc directory of Windrop contains basic details of the Tcl scripting commands used in Eggdrop/Windrop.
A good guide to Tcl scripting for Eggdrop/Windrop is at SUNiNet i.e http://www.suninet.nl/tclguide/

-REGARDS-
I'm an idiot, At least this one [bug] took about 5 minutes to find...
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

Linux wrote:How can I create Tcl scripts for Windrop?
The tcl-commands.doc file in the doc directory of Windrop contains basic details of the Tcl scripting commands used in Eggdrop/Windrop.
This depends on either you have Cygwin installed or not. With an installation of Cygwin you have most of the common Unix commands avaible. Unfortunately there is a current bug making eggdrop unable to use "exec ..." and "open |..." under Cygwin, but under some circumstances a workaround is possible (if you look for one here, you will find one, but however this workaround requires some TCL knowledge to integrate :P).
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
X
XPFTP
Voice

ty

Post by XPFTP »

ty for the help.. i guess i sholuld try the unix flavoer of eggdrop .. and see how the scripts work ... i thought the tcl's on the windrop site where there for only windrop-eggdrop.. but seems i may have been wrong ... ty for all the help ..
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

they have been working for windrop probably at least once, but it can always happen that changes in TCL, cygwin or eggdrop break this or that ^-^.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...