This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Vhost list

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

You saved the script onto a text file and called it something.tcl ? placed it into your eggdrop/scripts directory and added source scripts/something.tcl to the bottom of your config?
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
G
Galadhrim
Op

Post by Galadhrim »

manual read you did?
Thunderdome
Op

Post by Thunderdome »

You saved the script onto a text file and called it something.tcl ? placed it into your eggdrop/scripts directory and added source scripts/something.tcl to the bottom of your config?

yes, I did all that.... I installed it as a normal TCL. but still does not work. The bot is klined, but does not return under a new vhost. :\
I don't understand...
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

A connection there is to be before knowing if exists a kline etc and, unfortunately for you, the server to you it gets first. :P

May the Force be with you. :?
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
Thunderdome
Op

Post by Thunderdome »

yes, but I don't get it. so how can the script choose another vhost on disconnect and reconnect to that vhost?
sounds quite simple...
bot gets disconnected, it changed vhost and connects again...
is this posible?
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

In a nutshell, no! The ban is enforced before your bot can ever get the needed info to swap the host and once disconnected (which you are) it's impossible for the script to switch to another vhost; the default vhost is used always.
Search | FAQ | RTM
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

Alchera wrote:In a nutshell, no! The ban is enforced before your bot can ever get the needed info to swap the host and once disconnected (which you are) it's impossible for the script to switch to another vhost; the default vhost is used always.
that is not correct... you get an ERROR ("Closing link" etc.) message from the server upon disconnect because of a K-line/G-line, so you can bind to it and do the vhost hopping

of course, this is not the case when you are D-lined - the server doesn't notify you and simply drops the connection
Thunderdome
Op

Post by Thunderdome »

so, how do I know which error I have so I can make a bind?
the ban is usually temporary to that network... by the next day, one can connect....

How can I make it using the script above?
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

The following refer to K-Line/G-Line/Server Notice:
216 (rfc1459) RPL_STATSKLINE
223 (rfc1459) RPL_STATSGLINE

SNOTICE Incoming notice from a server.
@ demond: Haven't got a "trick" to get past this stupid DALnet release command have you? It's been a thorn in not only my side for ages but awyeah's as well and neither of us seem to able to find a solution. lol
Search | FAQ | RTM
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

Code: Select all

set next 0
set yourIPs {1.2.3.4 5.6.7.8}
bind raw - ERROR goterror
proc goterror {from keyword text} {
  if [string match -nocase *banned* $text] {
    if {[incr ::next] == [llength $::yourIPs]} {set ::next 0}
    set ::my-ip [lindex $::yourIPs $::next]
  }
}
of course, yourIPs list can/should be automatically populated by parsing the output of ifconfig

@Alchera: what's the problem with it? I presume you meant NickServ's RELEASE
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

demond wrote:@Alchera: what's the problem with it? I presume you meant NickServ's RELEASE
Yup, the very one.. lol

Need the bot to switch from its normal main nick if the nick is being held to an alternative nick (as per conf) and then issue the release command so it can switch back to it's normal nick.I've tried a few approaches (and came close) but failed in all efforts.

BTW: Nice avatar. :)
Search | FAQ | RTM
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

Alchera wrote:
demond wrote:@Alchera: what's the problem with it? I presume you meant NickServ's RELEASE
Yup, the very one.. lol

Need the bot to switch from its normal main nick if the nick is being held to an alternative nick (as per conf) and then issue the release command so it can switch back to it's normal nick.I've tried a few approaches (and came close) but failed in all efforts.

BTW: Nice avatar. :)
why not do a USERHOST on the main nick and if the answer is something like enforcer@services, issue a RELEASE?
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Tried something similar; instant disconnect to DALnet when a nick is held therefore making it (apparently) impossible to issue the command.

Switching to the alternate nick (when the error is received) to issue the command and then allowing the bot to recover it's main nick (as normal) seems to be the only way.
Search | FAQ | RTM
Thunderdome
Op

Post by Thunderdome »

what about in PTnet? .... the ideia would just be... on disconnect, change vhost and reconnect... Perhaps it is easy to do it for any disconnect.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

@Alchera: you might want to try what I posted, setting ::nick instead of ::my-ip (and once connected, do the USERHOST and RELEASE stuff and then set ::nick back)

@Thunderdome: that code should work on any RFC1459 (IRC protocol standard spec) compliant network (I've never been to PTnet)