This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Parsing commands from channel to FTP-server

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
b
barrier
Voice

Parsing commands from channel to FTP-server

Post by barrier »

I have setup my eggdrop 1.6.17.
My RaidenFTPd (on the same PC) connects as a user to te eggdrop and sending messages to the IRC-channel on new uploads etc.

Now I would like eggdrop to monitor the channel and parsing defined command like "!new" to the FTP.

I have looked at all the help-files and topics on this board. Unfortunatly I have not found a solution to get it fixed. Can someone tell me (a real eggdrop newbee) how to get this done?
YooHoo
Owner

Re: Parsing commands from channel to FTP-server

Post by YooHoo »

barrier wrote:Now I would like eggdrop to monitor the channel and parsing defined command like "!new" to the FTP.
be aware that commands bound as 'PUB' and/or 'MSG' are not stackable, meaning you cannot bind multiple tasks to the same trigger... :wink:
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

your ftpd connects as bot user to your eggdrop? wow... how does it do that?

I guess it's the other way around - you wish your bot could connect as ftp user to your ftpd
g
greenbear
Owner

Post by greenbear »

apparantly raidenftpd is some warez tool that brags about
[Eggdrop/IRC Connectivities]
-Supports for Eggdrop 1.3x +
-Auto reconnect if connection closes
-27 events , 69 variables for Eggdrop messages
-Possible to send commands to Eggdrop directly from FTP client
so why dont you go on and read the documentation that comes with it.

warez kiddie help thyself
b
barrier
Voice

Post by barrier »

greenbear wrote: so why dont you go on and read the documentation that comes with it.
1st : Thats becouse RaidenFTPd only give support on the FTP-side of the connection but not on the eggdrop side.
2nd : Connecting RaidenFTPd to the eggdrop is no problem. It connects as an ordinary user to the eggdrop. (Buildin functionallity from RaidenFTPd)

I have programmed in several languages (C, Basic, VB, VB.NET, Scripting in mIRC) but never in TCL. So now I try to start learning this language too. So please be kind to me and help me solve my problem:

I have a simple TCL-script that does not work:

Code: Select all

bind pubm - 123 pubm:123
proc pubm:123 {nick host handle chan text} {
  puthelp "PRIVMSG $chan :Hello $nick"
}
Whit this code, the eggdrop should send a msg to the chan after 123 is typed in the channel correct? If so, why doesn't do the eggdrop send the message to the channel?
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Try pub instead of pubm, and read tcl-commands.doc about both.