This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Antipjen-drone script

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
r
r0t3n
Owner

Antipjen-drone script

Post by r0t3n »

Ok. Im using aspb.tcl by am and arou but there is always problems with the database. It connects then 1 minute or so its not connected then it dont reconnected again. So, im asking for someone to help me make a antipjen-drone script to release so other peeps can use it. Not like tcl scripters who dont make their scripts public. If anyone could help me i will be really greatful. So will other eggdrop and maybe botservice providers.

Please help with this. Thanks in advance!!
r0t3n @ #r0t3n @ Quakenet
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

It's time for this question: What the hell is a pjen-drone?
r
r0t3n
Owner

Post by r0t3n »

Well its someone who is infect with a trojan/virus kinda thing. And the aspb database never works for me. So can you guys here help me make a antipjen-drone script. Please. Thanks in advance!!
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

this is pathetic (just like all qnet stuff btw, we all know qnet is lame :P qnet people please don't jump on me now hehe)

there is no sure way for detecting a host which has been infected by a virus or trojan; a signature could be used, by nick/username/gecos/ctcp version reply pattern, but a clever virus/trojan author/user can always beat these detection schemes in a hartbeat, with simple modification

so I'd guess that aspb/pjen/whatever thing catches lame virus/trojan hosts only, the ones that actually have constant signature
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

Try giving this script a go maybe it can help you, for catching drones:
http://www.egghelp.org/cgi-bin/tcl_arch ... ad&id=1152
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
==================================
m
metroid
Owner

Post by metroid »

demond wrote:this is pathetic (just like all qnet stuff btw, we all know qnet is lame :P qnet people please don't jump on me now hehe)
Hey!
r
r0t3n
Owner

Post by r0t3n »

demond wrote:a signature could be used, by nick/username/gecos/ctcp version reply pattern
What do you mean by a signature could be used to detect a trojan/drone user. And could a string and/or reqexp on the ident and/or host to detect if there is any numbers in the ident or any random idents. Also maybe a string match to detect any $decode messages. I dont know if any of this will work. I dont have a clue of using these to detected a random drone/possible trojan infected client. As far as i know, aspb only really kicks people with numbers and/or random ident/nick.
D
Dizzle
Op

Post by Dizzle »

dont think its possible too 100% clear youre channel from drones/trojans etc.
What's this real life ppl keep talking about ??? And where can I download it ???
r
r0t3n
Owner

Post by r0t3n »

I know its not 100%. Because also inocent people could be detected as a drone/trojan infected client and be punished. But then there will be a database. So they can mesage the bot saying 'im not infected' or something and get their host removed from the database. Chances are that most drones/trojan infected users will get detected and punished. Also maybe a string match "*$decode*" $text] could also detect $decode messages.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Sir_Fz's solution. The end post. Works well and is a classic example of the famous KISS principle. :wink:
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
r
r0t3n
Owner

Post by r0t3n »

thats a good script. But only detects clients with w32.aplore@mm trojan thing. I just need to know if a do a scan on the nick and ident if it would detect itd a drone/trojan client. Using regexp and some string match if-statements. To see if their is any numbers in the nick and/or host in certain places if you know what i mean.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Code: Select all

regexp {^([^@]+)} $uhost _ ident

if {[regexp -nocase {^[^aeiou_^-`]{5,}$} $nick] || [regexp {.*[0-9]} $ident] && ([string length $ident] > 4)} {
 *** do stuff
}
The above looks for consonant nicks and idents with numbers.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

Tosser^^ wrote:
demond wrote:a signature could be used, by nick/username/gecos/ctcp version reply pattern
What do you mean by a signature could be used to detect a trojan/drone user. And could a string and/or reqexp on the ident and/or host to detect if there is any numbers in the ident or any random idents. Also maybe a string match to detect any $decode messages. I dont know if any of this will work. I dont have a clue of using these to detected a random drone/possible trojan infected client. As far as i know, aspb only really kicks people with numbers and/or random ident/nick.
a signature is certain combination of characters that can be matched against, using for example Alchera's (and possibly Sir_Fz's, haven't looked at his code) regexp

however, that would work against naive drones only (by "drone" I mean an IRC client, automatically spawned from an infected host - most likely unsecured windows pc on a cable connection - by a virus or trojan)

I don't follow worm (virus/trojan) development, but AFAIK there are worms which are able of generating nick/username/gecos in a pretty natural (pseudorandom) manner, rendering such regexp matching tools useless - and that's understandable, since from algorithmic point of view, such mechanism is fairly easy to implement (for example using a dictionary, with a simple permutation engine) - so even heuristic score assigning schemes (like mine in spambuster) would be pretty ineffective against that

if IRC anti-drone schemes/systems/tools still work, that's obviously because the majority of worm runners are (still) pretty dumb folks
r
r0t3n
Owner

Post by r0t3n »

Code: Select all

################################################################### 
#                                                                 # 
# Coded by: Opposing (Fz@nexushells.net) - #nexushells @ DALnet   # 
# Version: 1.0                                                    # 
##                                                                # 
# Description: Bankicks nicks who are suspicious of being         # 
#              infected with w32.aplore@mm Trojan/Virus/Worm.     # 
#              Translated from the Oz mirc addon.                 # 
#                                                                 # 
# Report bugs/suggestions to Fz at nexushells.net                 # 
################################################################### 
# 
############################## 
# Configurations start here: # 
# __________________________ # 

## Set the channels you want this script to work on. 
## example: set aplore(chans) "#chan1 #chan2" (in lowercase) 
set aplore(chans) "" 

## Set the kick message. 
set aplore(kmsg) "w32.aplore@mm Trojan/Virus/Worm Infected." 

## Set, in minutes, ban time for this offence. 
set aplore(btime) "30" 

# Configurations end here. # 
############################ 
# 
###################################################################### 
# Code starts here, please do not edit anything unless you know TCL: # 
# __________________________________________________________________ # 

bind join - * aplore:kick 

proc aplore:kick {nick uhost hand chan} { 
 global aplore 
 set aplorenick 0 
 if {([string is alpha $nick]) || ([string match *\[-^`_\]* $nick]) || ([lsearch -exact $aplore(chans) [string tolower $chan]] == -1)} { return 0 } 
 scan $uhost %\[^@\]@%s ident host 
 if {([string match -nocase "*[set sident [string trimleft $ident ~]]*" $nick]) && ([string is alpha [string range $nick 0 3]]) && ([string is integer [string range $nick end-1 end]]) && ([string is integer [string index $sident end]]) && ([string index $ident 0] == "~")} { 
  putquick "KICK $chan $nick :$aplore(kmsg)" 
  putquick "MODE $chan +b *!*@$host" 
  putlog "\002$nick\002!\002$ident\002 is infected with w32.aplore@mm." 
 } 
} 

putlog "w32.aplore@mm bankick v1.0 by Opposing Loaded..."
Thats Sir_Fz's script. I dont understand what this string is alphaeger/index is and does. But i guess its a good way of detection most trojan/drone users. But i guess i could make a array and do a string match $nick/$ident $array aswell. Then add the nick/host/ident to a database and always make a removeme proc. If i did that. What do you think would be the best host type to add the host with. $nick!$uhost *!*@$host *!*$nick@$host or something.I guess not to use *!*@$host because inocent people will be more likely to be punished so $nick!$uhost or *!$nick/$ident@$host. Im not good at this ip/hostname/host stuff confuses me (^-^).
D
Dizzle
Op

Post by Dizzle »

Well try it out tosser ^^, you writing very intelligent, so i can be np for you 8) :?
What's this real life ppl keep talking about ??? And where can I download it ???