This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

drone script not kicking drones

Help for those learning Tcl or writing their own scripts.
X
Xeon
Voice

Post by Xeon »

Well I've tried just about all of these and I can tell you which worked for me and those which did not.

I first tried awyeah's script and found that it didn't work at all for the drones which we have on our network. I even went as far as soliciting help from awyeah and he referred me to egghelp which didn't help me at all with regards to getting his script working. I suspected he just didn't have time for me. Maybe you can post a working version of your script awyeah with settings set that will actually make it work on our network. I had the threshold settings set all the way down with your script and it still did not see the drones. I ran this script for days and it missed hundreds of drones and in the end, only hit one. I tried just about every concievable setting to get it to work that I thought would do the trick, but never got to see this script do it's job. Sorry.

I tried just about every script within the archive related to drones but found that the only one that actually worked on our network was the allprotections.tcl. The problem with this script is that it's full of things I don't need or want and so it's way to bloated for me to consider using as it is. I however have decided to create my own based off of all of these here, I'm confident that I can throw something together using ideas from these excellent scripts which you all have made.

I should have something ready within the next few days that can be used by all who like me, only want a drone script.

For those of you who have pointed out scripts, I really appreciate it. As for stating their scripts are the best, well that really just depends on your settings and network in my opinnion

MeTroiD and Alchera how else are they supposed to tell someone about the solution their script provides, if they aren't permitted to say what their script is?? As far as I'm concerned you two are just acting childish. If the script solves the problem being discussed, then that's the way it goes. To come on here and call someones hard work junk, is nothing short of immature and inconsiderate. When someone is looking for a solution to a problem, they want to know Explicitly which ones work, so to say that they can't state here what script works is ridiculous, that's what this forum is for.
n
nANDu
Voice

Post by nANDu »

check the proc checkdrone edited, it should work for all the nick examples u've posted above and the same.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

For Xeon:
caesar wrote:Could you guys just send the users to the TCL Archive without competing and recommanding your script as beeing *the best* .. just let the user decide upon what tcl script to stick.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
h
helpme
Voice

Post by helpme »

yea awyeahs script didn`t work... we need a good anti drone script please :(
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

helpme wrote:yea awyeahs script didn`t work... we need a good anti drone script please :(
Scroll up and test out the one posted by nANDu.

Bear in mind that any effort to catch these drones is never going to be perfect.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM